Extension Manager

Could not retrieve data from the Regular Labs website. Please try again later.

9 months 5 days ago #76803

Haluk Gurer's Avatar Haluk Gurer

Joomla extension update gives the following warning:

Warning

Update: :Extension: Could not parse download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=a...ager&pro=1&type=.xml
Update: :Extension: Could not parse download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=a...here&pro=1&type=.xml
Update: :Extension: Could not parse download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=e...ionmanager&type=.xml
Update: :Extension: Could not parse download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=c...aner&pro=1&type=.xml
Update: :Extension: Could not parse download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=geoip&type=.xml
Update: :Extension: Could not parse download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=modals&pro=1&type=.xml

Regular Labs Extension Manager says 'Could not retrieve data from the Regular Labs website. Please try again later.'

Joomla 3.8.3 (it was same before upgrade from 3.8.2) PHP 7.0.26 – increased the timeout to 25 - no change and all my joomla sites are the same.

Thanks

Haluk

9 months 5 days ago #76804

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Looks like a local issue on your server/setup.
Can you open those urls via the browser?

It could be a php issue. PHP 7.0 is no longer supported (by php). You should update to 7.1.

9 months 5 days ago #76805

I updated the PHP to 7.2 now.

I can see the urls via web browser – and can download the zip files from the .xml links i.e. download.regularlabs.com/?ext=a......er&...&file=update.zip

But site still giving the warnings. It used to work and other extension updates are working, guessing that it works on the same principle. Puzzled!

9 months 5 days ago #76807

It is probably caused by some setting on your server. Best to ask your host if they can see what is going on.
Or it could be caused by a firewall extension you have installed in Joomla.

9 months 5 days ago #76819

I tried it on a site that does not have firewall (RSFirewall).

Basically, it used to work - had been on this servers for three years now. And had been using your excellent extensions even longer on every site thAt I HAVE. Sometimes they have a problem connecting to the upgrade site or some other connection and gives errors but overtime it usually sorts it self out. Again, all this morning I was updating all my Joomla sites - with 3.8.3 and other extensions I use – they all updated without problems - average five extensions per side such as Akeeba BackUp, JCE etc. Not even sure if the update is required for the Regular Labs extensions I am using. But I’ll wait couple of days to see if it goes away and see if anyone else is having this problem.

Unless of course your update servers are black listing my webservers; my websites reside on 77.72.0.142 – do you think it is worth checking?

9 months 5 days ago #76823

Chances are your server is blacklisting my download server.
As your host if they can see any connection issues with download.regularlabs.com

9 months 1 day ago #76898

Sorry just seen this. I have an access for white listing IP numbers on my server – but I need to know your IP address.

9 months 1 day ago #76900

To get the IP of download.regularlabs.com, simply ping it.

9 months 1 day ago #76901

downloads.regularlabs.com gives a connection error

9 months 1 day ago #76902

Sorry, my mistake. Should be:

ping download.regularlabs.com
So without the s.

9 months 1 day ago #76903

Added 's' was my mistake. Sorry. No, your server IP is not black listed.

9 months 1 day ago #76904

Ask your host if they can see any connection issues with download.regularlabs.com

9 months 1 day ago #76905

It must be that one way or another as I just tested on the local host and it works. Raised support ticket with the hosting company.

9 months 1 day ago #76942

Hi

My hosting company has been looking at this

Your IP is not black listed.

But they are asking what port your update site connects from as it might be MySql issue??

Also, are you in a position to confirm that 77.72.0.142 (my server Ip) is not black listed by your servers. The IP number is not listed on any of the 'lists'.

Thanks.

9 months 23 hours ago #76948

This is the reply I get from SiteGround:

IP 77.72.0.142 is not blocked in the cloud server's firewall. I have also checked if some of the mod_security rules was matched by this IP, but there are no records at all.

Let the remote host check connectivity from their end with telnet sessions to host download.regularlabs.com on ports 80 and 443.

9 months 16 hours ago #76976

Hi Again

My server providers are not able to find what the problem is. Your server is definitely not blocked by their servers. I was reading some old post and it seems that similar problem occurred about 11 moths ago but I understand that it was due to CDN servers and you have changed these for direct update from your server.

I asked my server provider to run some of the commands you had on that post. Here are the results not sure if it means anything to you (I have no idea what is!)

Traceroute is disabled on our shared servers.

And we do not have MTR, here is the other information you have requested:

1: 77.72.0.142
2: N/A
3: N/A
4 & 5:

< Server: nginx
< Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 15:44:55 GMT
< Content-Type: text/html
< Content-Length: 88
< Connection: keep-alive
< Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:01 GMT
< Cache-Control: no-cache
<
* Connection #0 to host download.regularlabs.com left intact
<html><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;/.well-known/captcha/"></meta></head></html>
real 0m0.042s
user 0m0.001s
sys 0m0.004s
[root@chlorine]# time wget -S download.regularlabs.com/extensions.json?j=3
--2017-12-19 15:45:06-- download.regularlabs.com/extensions.json?j=3
Resolving download.regularlabs.com (download.regularlabs.com)... 37.60.230.24
Connecting to download.regularlabs.com (download.regularlabs.com)|37.60.230.24|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 15:45:11 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 88
Connection: keep-alive
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:01 GMT
Cache-Control: no-cache
Length: 88 [text/html]
Saving to: ‘extensions.json?j=3’

100%[==================================================================================>] 88 --.-K/s in 0s

2017-12-19 15:45:06 (17.1 MB/s) - ‘extensions.json?j=3’ saved [88/88]

real 0m0.037s
user 0m0.001s
sys 0m0.003s

To sum up so far:

I have no problems via localhost.

All my joomla sites are effected including the one that I set up just to test this.

I cannot use 'install from url' for your extension manager.

I cannot use 'web install' for your extension manager.

All other extension updates (using joomla update) works.

This used work before maybe up to last week.

Your IP is not blocked.

I can see xml files from my browser and download the linked zip files.

I increased the timeout to 60s with no joy.

Not sure where we go from here. Overall not a big problem as I can individually install extensions by downloading them but it will be nice to fix it. I also noticed that I'm the only one experiencing this (in this forum at least) this time around.

Thanks

9 months 15 hours ago #76980

Then I don't think I can be of any further help.

9 months 2 hours ago #76987

Patrick's Avatar Patrick

Hello Peter,

Actually, I've got exactly the same problem.

I'm also unable to check datas from the extensions manager, the message is "Could not retrieve data from the Regular Labs website. Please try again later"

I'm using an old version of php (5.6) but apparently the trouble il not related to this.

I got this about 2 weeks ago, so I asked my provider (OVH) if any change was made on the server and the answer is no.

I understood that you shouldn't be of any help for this, I just wanted to notify you anyway. Maybe you'll see other things to investigate...

Cheers

Patrick

PS : Haluk, you're not alone ;)

8 months 4 weeks ago #76995

Hi Patrick

Thanks for chiming in, it is nice to know I am not alone in this festive season. :) Yes, it is all puzzling for me, looking at my past tickets I did have problems with updates but not like this. Bit of a shame as it is the first extension I install after joomla itself. I tried it with all versions of PHP up to 7.2 and gone back installing extension manager 7.1.0 onwards with no different results. Your two week time frame fits with mine.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else is having this problem.

8 months 3 weeks ago #77066

As an update:

Now it works! Haven't changed anything from this end nor did my server providers. It must have been long lasting temporary glitch!