Bug Reports

Component Anywhere + DPCalendar OpenStreetMap

5 months 4 weeks ago #88752

joomleb's Avatar joomleb

Hi guy,
I'm testing Component Anywhere + DPCalendar.

A - As you can see on my Test Site test.egulp.net/eventos/event-map the DPCalendar page is running and the OpenStreetMap is shown correctly
B - While trying to open the same page through Component Anywhere the OpenStreetMap is not shown

Please, Am I forgiving anything ? Or, Is it a bug ?

Confidential information:
(hidden)

5 months 4 weeks ago #88768

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

5 months 4 weeks ago #88769

Also there may be an issue with scripts not being loaded because of how DPCalendar works.
See if playing around with the Components Anywhere system plugin settings makes a difference.

5 months 4 weeks ago #88770

Also there may be an issue with scripts not being loaded because of how DPCalendar works.
See if playing around with the Components Anywhere system plugin settings makes a difference.

5 months 3 weeks ago #88839

joomleb's Avatar joomleb

Hi Peter,
A - Tested again on different Templates and I have back the same issue
B - Tested with or without "url" in the script as you suggest in the Tutorial
C - Checked one by one www.regularlabs.com/extensions/component...-component-is-placed as you suggested - all is fine
D - "playing around with the Components Anywhere system plugin settings makes a difference" - nothing happen
E - Tried changing the Tag Characters - nothing
--- Following this topic www.regularlabs.com/forum/componentsanyw...-rendering-component
F - I replaced the default .htaccess joomla file - nothing
G - I switched off one by one all the 3rd party components / plugins / modules - nothing
H - Tested with the Plugin in the first System position - nothing

Please, Am I forgiving anything ?

You also wrote: "there may be an issue with scripts not being loaded because of how DPCalendar works"
Please, Do you have any suggestions on it before to contact the developer ?

5 months 3 weeks ago #88852

I just created a test article on your site, and it seems to work fine:
index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6

5 months 3 days ago #89199

joomleb's Avatar joomleb

Hi Peter,
I waited last DPCalendar 7.2.7 release and tested again:

A - I found your index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6 article components anywhere test and I creted the test.egulp.net/eventos/test-comp-any single article menu item. As you can see it is working

B - But, when I use Components Anywhere through a Joomla Module it is not shown. You can see it on this page test.egulp.net/eventos/locations
Where the first Map not shown is through the SP Page Builder > Joomla Module Addon, but the ones at the bottom is through a Joomla Custom Module...

So, it seems a "BUG" related with Components Anywhere + Joomla Module + with Maps

Please, Can you help on it ?
Do you have any suggestions ?

5 months 3 days ago #89200

If this is done through the Custom type module, make sure the 'Prepare Content' option is on in that module.

5 months 3 days ago #89206

joomleb's Avatar joomleb

Hi Peter,
Yes, I tested it through the default "Custom type module" and, sure, I switched to "Prepare Content: Yes", but nothing is changed.

PS Hooping can help on find a solution:
Tested also switching from my "Helix Ultimate framework template" to the default "protostar" / "Beez3".
While using Helix Ultimate the Map is loaded as a grey space, with protostar and Beez3 the Map simply is not loaded...

5 months 3 days ago #89207

No, I don't think I have a solution for you. Guess DP Calendar is just not compatible with Components Anywhere.

5 months 3 days ago #89209

joomleb's Avatar joomleb

Please, following your experience, Do you have any suggestments I can report to the DPCalendar developer ?

5 months 2 days ago #89211

I don't think there is much to do about this. Just a matter of incompatibility.
Components Anywhere loads the component via the component subtemplate.
It then checks what scripts and styles are loaded, and adds any missing stuff to the head of the website.
It seems that DPCalendar loads scripts in an order that causes issues when Components Anywhere tries to place those in the main website.

5 months 1 day ago #89225

joomleb's Avatar joomleb

Hi Peter,
Allon from DPCalendar checked and answerd to me here: joomla.digital-peak.com/support/dpcalend...-components-anywhere about this issue:
"The problem is that the DPCalendar assets are loaded after the inline script which is not normal in Joomla. That's why it failed. With the applied patch it fixes it on your site. But you have to ask Peter why the DPCalendar assets are loaded in minified and none minified version. Because of that another JS error happens and it bloats your web page. Pretty sure he can fix that issue."

Please, Can you help on it ?

Confidential information:
(hidden)

5 months 1 day ago #89226

As explained in previous reply, Components Anywhere reads out the loaded javascript and css files on the individual component page.
So in your case that would be something like:

index.php?option=com_dpcalendar&view=locations&itemid=1033&tmpl=component
It then adds any scripts to the main page that haven't been loaded yet.

Which scripts are loaded on either the main page or specifically on that component page is outside the control of Components Anywhere.
Components Anywhere doesn't decide that.
So if a minified and non-minified version are getting loaded, it most probably means that the component is loading one on the main page and the other on the component page.

5 months 4 hours ago #89244

joomleb's Avatar joomleb

Hi Peter,
Allon advised me that he contacted you directly and you are trying to solve the issue.
I'm staying tuned and I remain at your disposal

4 months 4 weeks ago #89248

So the issue Allon was describing (loading both minified and non-minified scripts) is caused by internal caching done by Components Anywhere.
However, this issue only arises when debugging is switched on.

Seeing debugging is only dine for... well... debugging. And not used for live sites.
So I don't think this is a real issue that needs fixing.

4 months 4 weeks ago #89249

joomleb's Avatar joomleb

Hi Peter,
Allon anticipated something to me in the topic I linked here. So, as I told him waiting your news:
Is the issue anything I have to report to the Joomla GitHub ?
If yes, Please, Can you address if there is anything special I have to report ?

"So I don't think this is a real issue that needs fixing" = Anyway, now I know you know the issue, and you can monitor if a future fixing is needed 😁

4 months 4 weeks ago #89250

Allon anticipated something to me in the topic I linked here.
That topic is behind a login. So I cannot see it.

4 months 4 weeks ago #89254

joomleb's Avatar joomleb

Hi Peter,
sorry, nothing really important, I just made the same questions to him and he sent me back to you (waiting for your investigation):

- Is the issue anything I have to report to the Joomla GitHub ?
- If yes, Please, Can you address if there is anything special I have to report ?

I add, Is there anything I have to be careful when I'll be in debug mode ?

4 months 4 weeks ago #89256

Please try the latest development version from:
www.regularlabs.com/development-releases

That should fix the caching issue when debugging is on.

I don't see any reason to report anything to the Joomla core about this.