Articles Field

How can I add a certain layout to the articles field output?

9 months 4 hours ago #76183

wim ooms's Avatar wim ooms

Hi, I really like this extension. It adds a nice option to easily show related articles in a non-intrusive way. Nonetheless I would like to have the label I use for this field (or perhaps the value itself as well) to stand out from the regular text. I mean is it possible to have the text (and the links) showing up in a frame with background colour - a kind of button so to speak? Many thanks, Wim

9 months 4 hours ago #76184

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

You can customize the output via layout overrides and optionally also via the output options in the Articles Field plugin itself.
The styling (css) is down to you and the template.

9 months 3 hours ago #76186

thanks for the prompt reply; I think I can figure out the css styling at some point, but the layout overrides is something beyond my reach I think; I have looked for plugin layout overrides on the joomla site, and is says only the pagenavigation plugin can be overridden. and looking for css files of the Articles Field plugin itself left me in the dark. Beware: although a longtime joomla user I do not know how to handle php; So, it could be that I ask for something beyond my capabilities; If so, thtat's fine as well. I am prepared to spend a few hours mastering this issue, but could be that from scratch I will walk in to too many blind alleys.

9 months 2 minutes ago #76190

See if using the Custom HTML layout will help you.
Read: www.regularlabs.com/extensions/articlesfield/tutorial#layout

8 months 4 weeks ago #76196

I think this will do the trick; have found a first solution ...
Many thanks
Wim

8 months 4 weeks ago #76198

Ok, great :)