Articles Anywhere

Open Readmore in new tab/window

5 months 3 weeks ago #88761

Frede Jensen's Avatar Frede Jensen

Hi i would like to have a list on my site that displays a list of customers, with title, a logo and a link (with button that reads "read more" or the danish equivalent).
I have created some customers as articles, and assigned them to a specifik category, and then created a custom module with the "code" shown in the bottom of this topic.

Most things work flawlessly, except i can't get the readmore link to open in a new tab/window..

Since the module and/or page with customers is currently in development, there is no direct link from the menu, but the page can be seen here:
boogliv.dk/index.php/udstillerliste
What i would like to happen, when clicking on "read more", is that a new page/tab opens, with the article displaying all the customer info, like this:
boogliv.dk/index.php/udstblog/7-dfh-7

Or if possible a "modal" popup, with the customer info on the same page, i have installed "modals" plugin, but i don't know how to implement it.
I have also tried changing the following line:
<p>[readmore text="Read more..."]</p>
to
<p>[readmore text="Read more..." target="_blank"]</p>
This didn't change anything..

The following is what i have written in my custom module:
<div class="row">
<p>{articles category="udstillere" ordering="title"}</p>
<div class="col-md-4">
<div class="well">[image-fulltext height="50"]
<h4>[title]</h4>
<p>[readmore text="Read more..."]</p>
</div>
</div>
{if is-3-of-3}</div>
<div class="row">{/if}
<p>{/articles}</p>
</div>

5 months 3 weeks ago #88772

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

You can make your own custom links with any attributes you want using the [url] Data Tag.

<a href="[url]" target="_blank" title="[title]" class="btn btn-primary">Click on me</a>

5 months 3 weeks ago #88797

Frede Jensen's Avatar Frede Jensen

Many, Many Thanks! This works perfectly!

Sorry i'm not to good at even simple coding, i had tried the [url] function, but couldn't make it open in new tab, and include the button class..

I guess i should take som courses, or maybe just spend more time programming.. 😉

5 months 3 weeks ago #88798

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

My pleasure 🙂