Search
Other Modals questions
Forum

Recreating older functionality in Modals for J4

Aleksander Trembowiecki's Avatar Aleksander Trembowiecki
Hi,

it's high time to move from J3 to J4 (which is and incredible pain in my case). Modals for J3 worked in a very intuitive way, which for me was true perfection. Modals for J4 is a different animal and when I tried to recreate the old functionality, I stumbled on a few things.

The problem: displaying whole article (which is published as a menu item) in a popup.

Expected behaviour:

1) display article as an inline content, not iFrame, and when right clicked to open the popup in different window - it opens with the rest of the site (menus, modules, etc.)
2) when clicked on mobile (defined screen width), the popup is disabled and the link opens as a traditional link.

In Modals for J3 all the points are checked, however with J4...

ad 1) I've tried the old syntax and got iFrame. When I right clicked to open the link in new window, I got just the naked article without menus, modules etc. So I've tried {modalconent SomeName}{article id="xxx}{/article}{/modalcontent}{modal content="SomeName" title="Some title"}Some text{/modal}. Well, at first sight it looks as it should, but when I right click to open it in a new window, instead it opens 'source-url#SomeName'. I'm stuck. What shoud I do to achieve expected behaviour as described in point 1)?

ad 2) the popup mechanism just doesn't want to go away, even on a very small screen. Is there a way to disable modals in small screens at all?

Kindest regards

Olek
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases

You should now have an option to disable the modals on narrow screens, under thew Behaviour tab:

Also the redirect script is fixed, so when opening a modal link to an internal url in a new tab, it should redirect to the full url.

There are currently no plans to enable opening internal urls as inline, as this caused a lot of issues and headaches in the Joomla 3 version, with scripts and css.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
The redirect script is working now - thank you!

However, I've tested Modals-v12.4.1-dev2719369-PRO.zip package and couldn't make the disabling on small screens mechanism work at all. I've changed 'Based on width of' value, set various 'Break points', tested on mobile mode of PC browser, tested on a mobile - NOPE. There's always a modal poping up.
Sorry, please try the new dev version:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Now everything is working properly. Thank you!
Ok, great 🙂
The fix will be included in the next release.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription