Search
Other Modals questions
Forum

Modals Not Opening Properly on J4 RocketTheme Install

Douglas Schneider's Avatar Douglas Schneider
I have just updated a site to J4, but am testing it. So I still have my J3 site going. I can show you both pages where the modal goes.

The modal is activated by the user clicking (Read about our ratings)

Here is the J3 site:

www.soundstagesolo.com/index.php/equipme...yh-5000se-headphones

Here is the J4 site:

www.soundstagesolo.com/testj4/index.php/...yh-5000se-headphones

This is the code to bring up the page I'm using for the modal, which is an Uncategorized page.

({modal url="index.php/171-sound-and-value-ratings"}Read about our ratings{/modal})

I'm very confused on how this works. The page isn't brought up the same in J4?

Thanks in advance.
DAS
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
The url you are linking to shows a 404 page.
That that url is not working, has nothing to do with Modals.
Try opening it directly in the browser.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your FAST response. I figured out what the problem was -- the developer changed the behavior of the page display in the template. It would allow me to reference the page I wanted to pop up under the J3 template, but under the J4 template, it generated a 404 error.

I ended up calling up the necessary page using a different URL -- and to fix the modal tag in my article, I used your VERY USEFUL DB Replacer tool to change the URL. Great tool!

Thanks again,
DAS
The thing I haven't figured out -- and it's now WAY too late here to do more work on it -- is why it now pulls the document up as fullscreen width, whereas on the J3 version of the site it was automatically the width of the text. Is that the template or the modal?

Thanks,
DAS
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription