Search
Other Modals questions
Forum

Functionality and timing for J4 version of Modals

Dan Atrill's Avatar Dan Atrill
Hi Peter

You asked me to open a new message regarding modals after the previous support request was completed.

I understand that something may be available soon for Modals but maybe not with full functionality. Can you say what functionality would be included in a first development release please?

Thanks

Dan
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases

A lot of the settings don't work and should be removed/changed.
Not all features, like videos, automatic image conversion, etc work as expected yet.
Also I am still playing with the default styling.

So if you pretty much just need the basic functionality of opening links in modals, that should work.
And also grouping and the basics of galleries work.

Please note that this is a complete rewrite of Modals.
It no longer uses colorbox as the basis of the scripts. Also the entire HTML output has changed.
So your old Joomla 3 custom styling will not work with the new Modals for Joomla.
The different HTML elements are mainly identified and styled through data attributes, instead of classes.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thanks Peter.

An example of our use of modals is:
{modal content="modal-content-308" title="Search" class="search-popup-style" classname="search-modal" width="30%" height="30%"}Search{/modal}

{modal content="modal-content-575" class="uk-button uk-button-primary"}Ask Now{/modal}
{modalcontent modal-content-575}

Are you saying we'd need to rewrite these shortcodes?

Thanks

Dan
Essentially not. The basics of the plugin tag syntax will remain the same.
Great, well I look forward to trying this new version once it's available.

Thanks

Dan
I just checked out the development version of modals. While it adds a modal when I click, there doesn't seem to be any means of closing the window and it's missing background color for the modal. I'm sure there's plenty more on your list. Is there any more idea about when a more usable version might be available please?

Thanks

Dan
I just saw the new development release v11.11.2-dev2496482 and tried installing that.

It says it's installed but then doesn't show in the Installed list and functionality has gone.

The latest dev version should fix some things. There should be an 'X' in the top-right.
Also clicking outside the modal (on the dark overlay) and hitting the esc button should close the modal.

I can't say when it is ready. Doing my best to finish it asap.
OK. I found a later update. The functionality for a modal has returned. CSS seems to be missing a background for [data-modals-element=modal] [data-modals-element=slide-container]

Also the closing X is sat top-right of the whole browser window (in the container element) and just shows as a small button.

I appreciate you're working to get this sorted out. Is this the best way to report findings?
You can report stuff here. But there is still a lot to do to make everything function.
Also I need to add support for all sorts of settings...

Regarding the CSS issues you are running in to:
Do you have this online so I can take a look?
Thanks Peter.

You can see the site at:

Confidential information:
(hidden)

Try the Ask Now button
Confidential information:
(hidden)
I installed the latest dev version... things look better now.
Oh yes, much better thank you! We need to test the site for the J4 upgrade anyway but this looks very promising as a means of getting a Joomla 4 version of the site live. Thank you!
Hi Peter,
I've held off making comments as I see you're updating the modals development extension, however, one thing I noticed in Modals-v11.11.2-dev2511275-PRO was that the overflow seems to be set to false now.

In this page: tavistockrelationships.org/training-cour...elling-psychotherapy - using Joomla 3, the overflow for the form is set to auto and the shortcode used is:
{modal content="modal-content-575" class="uk-button uk-button-primary"}Ask Now{/modal}

Does this change with the J4 version?

Thanks

Dan
Also fixed in latest dev.
Mark Bennett's Avatar Mark Bennett
I'll download the dev version and give it a try. I love the modal extension and have used it on all of my sites, so subsequently I'm at a standstill when it comes to J4. Hope it's released soon. Thanks.
The first beta version is now available.
See: regularlabs.com/forum/modals/49985-modals-for-joomla-4
Modals has been released for Joomla 4.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription