Search
Other Tabs & Accordions questions
Forum

Different colours for open and closed accordions

Basil Clarke's Avatar Basil Clarke
I assume I can have different colours for accordions depending on whether they're open or closed. But what's the syntax?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You can customize the styling via css.
For more info about how elements get their styling, you can use the Element Inspector of your browser.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Basil Clarke's Avatar Basil Clarke
Thanks Peter.

I managed for figure it out. I was a bit put off to start with because the CSS selectors (is that the right term?) are much more complex than for most css.
Yeah, the attribute selectors are a bit harder to read.
But it is so much more flexible and stable than classnames.
Especially with so many templates out there with varying degrees of (low) quality css, classname based css can really cause a lot of conflicts and weird issues.

Happy you figured it out.
Richard Pearlman's Avatar Richard Pearlman
Do you have any documents on how css is used in Accordions/Tabs? That would make life better.
I would like to change the height of the text in the headings.
I would also like a single line between Accordion lines rather than in a box.
No, there is no documentation with extensive css explanations.

You can view the scss and css files that come with Tabs & Accordions to see how things are done. You can also use the Element Inspector of your browser to get more info about how elements get their styling.

Css styling and customization is totally in your hands (or the hands of your web builder/developer).
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription