Search
Other Tabs & Accordions questions
Forum

Sourcerer/Accordions issue

Alex Chartier's Avatar Alex Chartier
Hi Peter,

I have an article which has a {source} block which inserts a {slider} start tag (I set the Tabs & Accordions plugin to use the slider syntax). The source code checks the value of a cookie to determine if the slider should be open or closed, then outputs the {slider...} tag accordingly.

After the {source}{/source} I have content that is to be inside the slider. At the end of the content I have an {/slider} tag. So it looks something like this:
{source}php code to insert a {slider} tag}{/source}
a bunch of content
{/sliders}
This all worked using Sourcerer 9.5.2PRO and Tabs/Accordions 1.3.1PRO.

I have now updated my RL components: Sourcerer to 10.0.1PRO and Tabs/Accordians to 2.0.3PRO. I should also mention I have also updated the site to J5 but I am not sure this matters.

What appears to be happening is that the RL SystemPlugin onAfterDispatch event is being called for each of the RL plugins. They are getting called in the correct order. However, the onAfterDispatch function calls the RL plugin changeDocumentBuffer function and at this point when the Tab/Accordions changeDocumentBuffer function is called it calls the Render function which removes the closing {/slider} tag. At this point when Sourcerer gets around to doing its real work it inserts the opening {slider} tag but there is no longer a closing {slider} tag in the document buffer so the slider is not rendered.

I hope that all make sense.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
It is probably due to the system plugin ordering. Try changing the ordering of the plugins in question.
See: regularlabs.com/blog/242-plugin-order-is-important
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
I actually moved them around without change.
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
To confirm, my RLs system plugin order is Library, ReReplacer, Sourcerer, Tabs & Accordions plus others after that. I have confirmed with a breakpoint on the Library (systemplugin which all the rest extend) construct function that they are being called in that order.

Access details:
Confidential information:
(hidden)
Can't log in again.
Neither with the correctly or incorrectly spelt username.
Try now. The system had the correct spelling, I did not when I entered in the confidential info. Also, I use 2013 a lot for historical reasons and may have typed that instead of 2023. I tried using the correct spelling and pw and was able to log in.

Sorry for the extra work.
Try placing the closing {/sliders} tag on its own paragraph line.

Also all those inline styles can cause issues. You should use css stylesheet files to style your content. Not style attributes.
Thanks for the suggestions on the css stuff.

Placing the {/slider} on a separate line did not change anything.
This is probably down to how Fabrik triggers the different stages in the plugins.

I recommend you also use a php file through Sourcerer to output the closing {/sliders} tag.
This way you make sure the opening and closing tags are generated at the same time.

I can't seem to be able to overwrite files with the ssh access. So I can't do any testing myself.
Using Sourcerer to echo the closing slider tag corrected the problem. Thank you.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription