Other Tabs & Accordions questions
Forum

J4 syntax for tabs versus J3 syntax

Meinolf Mueller's Avatar Meinolf Mueller
Hello under J3 I used the following syntax für tabs:

{tab title="Beispiel 1" color="blue" mode="hover" title_tag="h3"}
{tab title="Lösung 1" color="green" output-title-tag="false"}
{/tabs}

In J3 mode="hover" was working only on tabs, where "hover" was defined. In J4 each tab now is hovered. How can I bring back the old functionality "hover only if defined"?

To override plugin settings I used title_tag="h3". But with underscore the tag didn't work. I changed "_" to "-" and it is working.
To even omit the default setting of heading I used on your recommondation "outout_title_tag="false"". This doesn't work any longer. Changing "_" to "-" didn't show a result. Even with hyphen, the title-tag of the first tab was inserted to the second tab. How can I have influence in J4 to omit default setting of heading?
Regards
M. Müller
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You cannot set the hover on individual tabs in the Joomla 4 version. That setting will work on the entire tab set.

Tabs & Accordions do not insert the title separately in the content area of the tab (or accordion).
So there is no setting to not output it.

The title is only output in the button/handle part of tab or accordion.
If you have headings inside the content area, then it is coming from somewhere else.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Tabs & Accordions do not insert the title separately in the content area of the tab (or accordion).
So there is no setting to not output it.

The title is only output in the button/handle part of tab or accordion.
If you have headings inside the content area, then it is coming from somewhere else.

Hello, there is a misunderstanding. I do not want to omit output of title, but the heading-tag. In J3 I could say title_tag="h3" which lead to changing the default setting of tabs or sliders from "h2" to "h3". In J3 I also could say output_title_tag="false" which omitted to mark the title as an "h2" or "h3"-heading, title was not marked to be a heading-line. Now I'm looking for the new syntax of output_title_tag (which has nothing to do with the tile but with the heading-tags "h1" "h2", "h3",..."hx".
Regards
M.Müller
Just override it with a "p" or "div".
Just override it with a "p" or "div".
And how to do this? Did you skip the parameter output_title_tag as present in Joomla 3 and why?
Rewgards
M. Müller
Did you try this?
title-tag="div"
Did you try this?
title-tag="div"
Hello, yes, thank you, this is working.
Regards
M. Müller
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription