Snippets

Snippets create problems with Kunena Forum Discuss plugin adding new forum topics/threads.

10 months 1 week ago #85098

G C's Avatar G C

Hi,

I noticed that when I use RL Snippets with articles that also have the Kunena Forum Discuss plugin enabled, it creates a problem with how those articles are posted as topics/threads in the Kunena forum. The Snippet info gets inserted into the Kunena forum post in the wrong places, such as, the user author and other areas in the post that distort the whole forum layout.

I'm guessing that this is a known issue when using RL Snippets with Kunena discuss plugin. Can you tell me what the solution is to fix this?

Thanks.

10 months 1 week ago #85099

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

No, not known to me.
But sounds like a Kunena issue.

10 months 1 week ago #85100

G C's Avatar G C

Hi,

Okay, but when I post on the Kunena forum they might tell me it's a RL Snippets issue because the problem only occurs with Snippets code/content in articles when using the Kunena Discuss plugin.

Is there something you can tell me about how RL Snippets processes the content that might help the Kunena forum support figure out a way to fix this conflict? For example, it seems like when the Snippet code is inside a Kunena forum post, that is what creates the problem when the Snippet code content is inserted. It not only displays the Snippet content above the forum header (at the top of the webpage) but it also inserts that Snippet content into the forum in the user id section for the author of the article/thread.

If I give the Kunena support more details on how Snippets works from a dev standpoint, then they might be able to find a solution. I'm not a programmer so I don't know much about coding.

Thanks.

10 months 1 week ago #85101

So what happens when using other types of plugin tags?

10 months 1 week ago #85102

It looks like Kunena is placing the content (containing the Snippets tag) in multiple places.
Try disabling the Snippets plugin and look in the HTML output where you see the Snippets tags show up.
That will tell you the issue is indeed with how Kunena is handling the content.

10 months 1 week ago #85103

G C's Avatar G C

Hi,

What plugin tags? Kunena Discuss plugin is enabled so that when someone first views a new article page, then Kunena automatically creates a forum topic/thread/post for that article and inserts the link with the comments area under the main article content. You can see it when you create a new article and then view that new article on the frontend, and then refresh the page. The Kunena forum topic link will display under the article content on that page.

One example is on my live site: www.nde.life/library/heaven-god/seek-reality
You can see the problem occur as I add new article pages in this section/category of my live site. This menu item uses a Blog category menu. Also, the articles have a "Read More" code inserted into the content just above the RL Snippet code in the article. That way the Blog menu page displays the intro article content and then the "Read More" link to display the full article with the RL Snippet text/content below the "Read More" section.

I noticed that the bug/conflict occurs when the Snippet is inserted just AFTER the "Read More" code in articles. Here is an example on my test site: 04test.nemmar.net/library/heaven-god/see...-with-read-more-code
Here is the Kunena Discuss plugin link URL to the automatically created forum topic/post for this article. You can see the screenshots of the RL Snippets content is added above the page header and also in the forum when you click the "Recent Topics/Posts" you will see the RL Snippets content inserted into the author/user ID section:
04test.nemmar.net/forum/roberta-grimes/1...-with-read-more-code
04test.nemmar.net/forum/recent-posts

When I create a test article and do NOT add a "Read More" code above the RL Snippets code inserted into the article, then there is no bug/conflict with the Kunena forum. Here is an example on my test site: 04test.nemmar.net/library/heaven-god/see...nd-no-read-more-code
Here is the Kunena Discuss plugin link URL to the automatically created forum topic/post for this article. You can see the RL Snippets content is NOT added above the page header and NOT in the forum post author/user ID section when you click the "Recent Topics/Posts":
04test.nemmar.net/forum/roberta-grimes/1...nd-no-read-more-code
04test.nemmar.net/forum/recent-posts

Here is the SU login to one of my test sites so you can try it out and see what I'm referring to.

Confidential information:
(hidden)

10 months 1 week ago #85104

G C's Avatar G C

I just saw your last post after I posted my long post with the details.
Okay, I will contact Kunena forum support, but what is it about RL Snippets that would make Kunena have this bug/conflict only with RL Snippets code inserted after "Read More" links in articles?

10 months 1 week ago #85105

Snippets will replace the {snippet} tags wherever it fonds them. So if Kunena is placing the content containing those tags inside places you don't want the snippet... then the issue is not Snippets.