Search
Other ReReplacer questions
Forum

how to avoid the "Standard Editor" shows up on rereplacer (like it was in J3) ?

Dirk67's Avatar Dirk67
I am within a upgrade from J3 to J4,
and some of the rereplacer (v 13.0.0) rules I have to transfer manually (from the J3 site to J4)
on J3 in the rereplacer backend all my (regex) rules are shown as clean text (as it should be), the default joomla article editor is NOT activated in any case (that's good):
-> 24max.de/temp/rereplacer_J3.png

in J4 (with the same rereplacer version 13.0.0) each time after loading a rereplacer rule the default joomla article editor (TinyMCE in my case) seems to be activted in any case:
-> 24max.de/temp/rereplacer_J4_1.png

so I thought this is no problem I just switch the editor off (with the button),
but when loading an existing (intact) rereplacer rule in J4, and then switch off the joomla article editor, there are introduced some unwanted <p> tags in my regex rules -> ruining the function of this rules totally 🙁
-> 24max.de/temp/rereplacer_J4_2.png

So what is the right way to load rereplacer rules in J4 without activated default joomla article editor ?

You may say, that this is due to the TinyMCE functionality,
Yes maybe, but why is changed this behaviour from J3 to J4 ?
I think, in J3 the default joomla article editor was NOT activated within rereplacer in any case, that was better...

(sorry for german screenshots)

[edit]: I just realized, that I use v 12.6.7 on the J3 site and v 13.0.0 on the J4 site
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Did you uninstall or disable the CodeMirror editor plugin?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Dirk67's Avatar Dirk67
yes indeed (didn't noticed that up to now),
CodeMirror editor plugin is disabled

seems you need that enabled / is mandantory for working with rereplacer ?

can I still keep the tinyMCE set as default editor in the global joomla setting ?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Yup
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription