Can't buy anything

Search
Other Pre-Sale questions
Forum

Can't buy anything

Sevi's Avatar Sevi
Your credit card processor is rejecting my card even though it's valid and has plenty of credit on it.
A bank transfer costs $45.00.
Do you have another way to pay?
Sevi
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
My payment platform is not rejecting the card. Your credit card provider (bank) is rejecting the payment and returning this as the reason:
The card has insufficient funds to complete the purchase.

If you do not agree with that, you should contact your bank and ask them why the payments are rejected.

Also: If your bank is charging such a crazy amount for an international transfer, maybe time to switch banks 🙂

No, I don't have another way to pay than the offered options in the order form and direct transfer.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Sevi's Avatar Sevi
My card is with capital one. I will check m with them tomorrow because there is no way a $31.00 purchase should be rejected. Even ten times that amount should be simple.
Bank of America is the bank I'd use to transfer. I don't disagree that it's exorbitant but that is what they charge and they are probably in line with other banks for international transfers. Thanks for the financial advice but I'll stick with them for now.
Sevi
Sevi's Avatar Sevi
Capital One reports that what was happening was the transaction was declined because it triggered a fraud alert. The message returned from your gateway was about insufficient funds; certainly not a helpful message. I cleared it up and was able to make my purchase.

RE: exorbitant fees - -perhaps you're not aware of the standard for international transfer:
Wire transfer fees typically range from $0 to $50. Domestic outgoing wire transfer fees typically range from $0 to $35, while international outgoing wire transfer fees are usually $35-50.Nov 30, 2023

That's all over the internet as being a standard. BofA may be at the higher end of that range but they are certainly with accepted standards, ridiculous as that is.

Sevi
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You might want to look into wise.com
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in