Restrict membership

Search
Other Pre-Sale questions
Forum

Restrict membership

Sevi's Avatar Sevi
For various reasons my client isn't allowed to sell memberships to certain states. It has to do with a pending non-profit status.
Some states allow the membership without issue but about 30-35 don't. Until their applications are approved I need to restrict membership.
Can Conditional Content restrict something based on a U.S. state list? If I could prevent the registration based on a list of states that would be great and help quote a bit until they clear the issue.
So, ideally, I'd like ask for a state from the applicant and if they are on the embargo list, I would display a message saying we have temporarily embargoed registration.
Something like that.
Your thoughts?
Thanks,
Sevi
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
If you place the form in an article (or somewhere else where you can surround it with {show} tags), then yes, you could use Conditional Content to conditionally show it, and otherwise show a message.
However, if the form is also directly accessible via another url, Conditional Content won't be able to block that.

So Conditional Content can prevent (inline) content from showing. It cannot block actual functionality of components.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Sevi's Avatar Sevi
Peter,
Thanks for your reply. I'm happy Regular Labs is still here and thriving.

So, I get surrounding something. Can Conditional Content also automatically figure out a state based on the geolocation feature and hide something? In other words, if I have a membership button and/or form would I be able to tell your component not to show it based on a state (list of states)?

Thanks,
Sevi
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You can use the geo location condition rules:
i.imgur.com/8cmUa5S.png

See: docs4.regularlabs.com/conditionalcontent...ons-list#geolocating
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in