joomla display module by viewport

Search
Other Pre-Sale questions
Forum

joomla display module by viewport

marvays's Avatar marvays
Hello.
Can any of the extensions you offer arrange the display of modules according to the viewport? I know Advanced Module Manager can display by device. I don't know exactly how this works, but I often have a problem with it. I am looking for an extension where I can choose the display of the module according to the viewport.
Thank you
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
With Advanced Module Manager you can tell modules to show or not based on the device.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
marvays's Avatar marvays
And how does it work? Does it really recognize the device or does it follow the viewport? I would need to force this extension to search by viewport...
It does this on the basis if the agent string.

If you need to show/hide modules based on the screensize, you will have to use css (or javascript).

Ask your template developer if they offer ready-to-use css classes for this purpose.
marvays's Avatar marvays
Good. I understand.
Does Conditional Content work on the same principle? And if I'm not mistaken, in the past I also saw an extension that displayed a template according to the device. Doesn't it exist anymore? I think it was called Template Manager.

And the last question: Do you have an extension that can display different articles by device or viewport from one link in the menu? Or at least part of the page? For example, I have a page that has a lot of desktop effects and graphics. And I want to create a page with the same content, but without ekets and graphics with a minimum of css, smaller images directly for mobile, I can partially create it using Media Query in css. But the page is then twice the size, the browser still pulls the whole thing, but only displays the time. And as a result, the page load time is longer. If the browser could download only the right part when generating the page, it would be great. I thought about trying ReReplacer for that, but it probably won't be easy.
Conditional Content works with the same conditions. Which can help you show/hide parts of texts/content by surrounding it with the plugin tags.
ReReplacer Pro also works with the same conditions.

Advanced Template Manager has been discontinued for Joomla 4.
And there is no "Advanced Menu Manager".
marvays's Avatar marvays
I understand

I will try ReReplacer for that. I will take the page content created in SPPB5 for example. I will duplicate it and modify the duplicate for mobile phone. In this case, the content of the page will be displayed twice. Before and after the part of the page that I want for mobile teleon I will put the ReReplacer tag and do the same for the first part of the content. In ReReplacer, I set the content between these tags to be empty. And finally, I let the tags appear in the code according to the viewport. The result could be that, for example, on a mobile phone joomla starts to generate a page... it encounters a part that is displayed only for the viewport corresponding to the desktop device, thus the rereplacer sees the code between the two tags and replaces it with an empty space. The second half of the article will be visible to mobile because it won't see the ReReplacer tag. And vice versa on the desktop. The result should be that the browser will download and display data for only one part of the page at a time. Unlike a simple media query, where I download all the content and just hide it from the visitor. It is so?

Does Advanced Template Manager have a replacement?

I understand
Does Advanced Template Manager have a replacement?
No, not by me.
marvays's Avatar marvays
Hello again.
Thanks to ReReplacer, I managed to solve the responsivity in such a way that I just don't hide the parts of the site with a certain extension (but still I have to download them from the server first and then hide them).
Instead, I tag between the two divs with a special header (so that the rereplacer can easily identify them in the code) and delete everything between those tags.

But what's important is that it doesn't have to download any data for that. If I just hide it with css display: none, the browser downloads the picture from the contacts.

It is the first swallow. I'll try to keep working on it and improve it.

Here's a sample of what it looks like before use:
postimg.cc/HcCTCDh3

Here's an example of it working:
postimg.cc/9rfC2BL3

And for an idea of ​​the video:
www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/23391834...4e411b0bafb61c300b30

What do you think?
marvays's Avatar marvays
Well, unfortunately. Not working either. I didn't realize that even if I hide the tags for ReReplacer, they will always be there in the code.

How about entering the condition directly for the replacer? using php?
Something like this. But I'm not a programmer so this demo doesn't work.
if (isset($_POST['windowWidth'])) {
    $windowWidth = $_POST['windowWidth'];
    if ($windowWidth > 768) {
        return true;
    }
} else {
   return false;
}
Sorry, but if you require support on the extensions, please purchase a subscription.
These are no longer pre-sales questions.
marvays's Avatar marvays
I understand. My subscription ended a few days ago. I have no problem restoring it once I know the extension can run work based on the viewport.
I will be honest. I don't want to pay $50 to find out they can't.

I wish you a nice Christmas.
You cannot use php to show/hide things based on the screensize. That is clientside info and can only be read via clientside run code (css/javascript).
You can only post on this forum if you log in