Use PHP Authorize.net API within Sourcerer

Search
Other Pre-Sale questions
Forum

Use PHP Authorize.net API within Sourcerer

Ray White's Avatar Ray White
Can I use server-side PHP code to call Authorize.net API's? Can I display the results of those API calls in a Joomla page using HTML?

More detail:
I need to call Authorize.net functions from PHP to look up customer information, and then display that information in a Joomla page using HTML. I don't quite understand how client-side html pages send form data back to the PHP code on the server. I know my server-side PHP code will be embedded in Sourcerer script, but I am unsure how that PHP code is called when users interact with client-side HTML buttons and inputs. Ajax is my preference. Capturing posted form data could work if necessary. Example: click "Login" button in my HTML form, then call server-side PHP function using Ajax to fetch Authorize.net customer info, then display results of Ajax on my page using HTML.

My preference is to use Ajax rather than POST so the page is not refreshed.

An article describing sending form data to PHP within Sourcerer might be nice.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Sourcerer just enables you to place PHP code into your content that will be executed in that place.

Whatever PHP you place there and however that functions is completely up to you.
If you do not know how PHP works (or how to post data or use ajax), then I advise against using Sourcerer.
I recommend you ask a webdeveloper to write a ready-to-use Joomla extension that does specifically what you need.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Ray White's Avatar Ray White
Peter, your comments were not helpful. I'll figure it out.
You can only post on this forum if you log in