Load custom field link as a Modal Popup

Search
Other Pre-Sale questions
Forum

Load custom field link as a Modal Popup

kara's Avatar kara
What plugin/module/ect would you recommend to solve this:

I'm building a Real Estate website. On many of the property listings, we need to include the property map from mapright.com.
My current setup:
An IFrame is in a Custom Field (Editor type) for the article. Then, that field is set to display in my Template's default.php file.
<iframe src="https://mapright.com/ranching/maps/022bb7e5901522076daf94088c064a74/embed" width="100%" height="520px" frameborder="0" loading="lazy"></iframe>

The Problem: This is AWEFUL as it loads SLOW and takes up a lot of visual space on the page. Plus, I just hate iframes in general.
Here's an example of the page as it currently is (ignore huge gallery at top; I'm working on that too): brokenarrow.cloudaccess.host/index.php/p...ur-dream-home-creede

What I want to happen:
Then link is included in cCustom Field (any tyep) for the article.
Then, when a link is present, a button appears on the page (included as either a module, or in the Template's default.php file - either is fine)
When the button is pressed, the link opens the page into a popup. I don't want to load the content until the popup is clicked. This would be the link/page that would open:
mapright.com/ranching/maps/022bb7e590152...af94088c064a74/embed

I feel like you have something that would do this, but am not sure which plugin/module/etc. What do you suggest?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Models?
regularlabs.com/modals
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
kara's Avatar kara
Okay, as a followup question:
I'd like to call the custom field link of the displayed article from within a module that appears on that page.

For example, if the Custom Field "mapright-link" has content, then can Modals display that map Link as a popup from a module position on that page (rather from within the article content)

Is this possible?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You can probably do what you want with Modals Pro in combination with Articles Anywhere Pro.

docs4.regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere/p...icle#current-article
docs4.regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere/data-tags/custom-fields

With Modals you would utilize the inline content functionality:
docs4.regularlabs.com/modals/content/inl...separate-content-tag
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in