Joomla 4 & Regular Labs

Search
Other Pre-Sale questions
Forum

Joomla 4 & Regular Labs - Is it possible to create a form?

George Benson's Avatar George Benson
Can any combination of the regular labs extensions, when combined with Joomla 4, be used to create a form that can accept input from the public (such as a contact us form) without the need to have a separate FORMS component? If not - what FORMS components work best with regular labs extensions?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
I have no extension specifically to create forms.
I don't use any such extensions myself.
I recommend you search or ask around on the Joomla forum:
forum.joomla.org
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
George Benson's Avatar George Benson
I have searched the Joomla forums as well as google and I don't come up with any real options that I understand. I am the first to admit that I am not a coder so starting from scratch and writing the code to create a form is not anything I understand well enough....but instead I look at examples others have done and try to understand why it works - breaking the example down to its core elements - then I take those examples and expand on them.

Confidential information:
(hidden)

I know that I am firm believer that fewer extensions is best and if you can accomplish a task without an extension, like copy this code and paste it here to create an override, that is probrobly better then having to install another component/plugin etc. Sorry this is so long but I wanted to let you know about the project I am doing and why I am asking the question about combining your extensions with Joomla Core to create a basic form. Any suggestions or comments are always welcome!
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You can copy/paste your form html code into a Joomla article using Sourcerer.
But to what page you send that form data and how that is processed is then completely down to you.

If you indeed do not quite understand how forms work and what to do: use a form extension.
And then this is not the right place to ask for help on that.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in