Joomla 4 Tabs Question

Search
Other Pre-Sale questions
Forum

Joomla 4 Tabs Question

Alex Chartier's Avatar Alex Chartier
Hi Peter,

This is not a question so much about your extensions but about Joomla 4 implementation of tabs. I am attempting to convert an extension over to Joomla 4 and trying to use the HTMLHelper uitab interface but am finding it rather limiting (and has some bugs).

You are probably well into work on your upcoming Tabs & Panels extension. With regards to the Tabs are you using the HTMLHelper uitab interface or are you using native bootstrap markup? If you are using the native bootstrap markup are you building any sort of wrapper that would make upgrading to the next release of bootstrap easier? J5! may have something else for sure.

I have to go through a significant amount of work to migrate this extension, I would like to do so in a manner that is more future prepared. Any insights you could offer would be appreciated.

Feel free to answer here or email me using the email address of my account.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer. If this is not something you wish to involve yourself with I understand and no worries. Just let me know and I will flounder away.

Cheers.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
The new Tabs & Accordions for Joomla 4 will not use Bootstrap at all. It will also not use the Joomla HTMLHelper.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Kommid's Avatar Kommid
Is there a more specific release date for new Tabs & Accordions for Joomla 4? We use tabs, accordions and modals on many sites and Regular Labs extensions are the only extensions, that prevent us from updating those sites to J4. Since we have 60+ sites that use at least one of these extensions we need to start migrating asap....
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Sorry, I can't give a specific date. I still be working on it in the coming months. The plan is to have it all done before the end of the year.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Günther Dietzinger's Avatar Günther Dietzinger
allo, auch mir brennen die Tage auf den Nägeln, ich verwende auch den Silder (Akkordeos) und nur deshalb kann ich nicht weiter machen. ich drauf und dran eine andere Lösung zu suchen.
Kommid's Avatar Kommid
Hallo Herr Dietzinger,
wenn etwas Code und Frickelei OK sind, könnten Sie die Zeit mit UIkit überbrücken, oder mit dem Widgetkit von Yootheme
You can only post on this forum if you log in