Articles anywhere with search indexing for...

Search
Other Pre-Sale questions
Forum

Articles anywhere with search indexing for custom fields

Carsten Bock's Avatar Carsten Bock
Hi Peter,
i have asite that heavyly depends on custom fields and uses yootheme pros dynmaic content features. So after building everything i realised that the custom fields are not indexed bei com_find and so there is no way to search for those contents. As i did not use the main article section of an article for contents my idea was now to use the articles anywhere plugin to get everything out of the fields of an article itself and past it in this content field via the plugin so the search might index it.
So my question is if such a usecase is possible with your plugin or if it will also not be indexed as there might be some new pitfalls for me 🙂
Thanks in advance for your answer !
Best regards
Carsten
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
I truly am not sure.
The Joomla search is not the best thing in the world. I don't use it and recommend you use something else.

But yeah, you could try this approach and see if the indexer picks up the final content or not.
You might have to fiddle around with the plugin ordering to get things working.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Carsten Bock's Avatar Carsten Bock
Hi Peter,
first thanks for your answer!
As you write "try something else" - gives me hope that there might be something else 🙂? Do you have a hint?
If not can is there a trial phase as the articles anywhere capability for custom fields seems only to be part of the pro plugin. No question i will be happy buing this if it is a solution to the problem but as it is not for my perosnal site i won't spend the money if it does not work 🙂
Other way - does any of your plugins pull contents out of custom fields and can put it in the normal content field? It needs not to be ordert or formatted as it is only for this damm search indexing?

Hope there is a slution on that?

Best regards
Carsten
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You can simply buy the pro version and ask for a refund within 30 days if you are not happy with it.

I don't use an available search component. For the search in this forum and on my docs site, I have created custom scripts for indexing and displaying results.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in