Display one and the same module in different...

Search
Other Pre-Sale questions
Forum

Display one and the same module in different positions depending on the device (mobile, desktop)

Thomas Felz's Avatar Thomas Felz
Hello,
I am using a responsive template. When I assign a module to a certain position, the template displays this position in a different place on mobile devices or on desktop computers.

Example:
Position "sidebar" is displayed to the right of main content on a desktop. But on a mobile device (smartphone) there is no space for it. Therefore, the module is displayed in the same (logical) position but below the main content.

Can I assign a specific module to different (template) positions depending on the device with Advanced Module Manager?

Best Regards
Thomas Felz
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
This isn't really a pre-sales question...

You can't do that exactly.
But you can make a copy of the module, and use different positions and conditions for each.

You can optionally use Modules Anywhere to place the original module inside another module (of type Custom), so you don't need to worry about having to keep the module settings in sync.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thomas Felz's Avatar Thomas Felz
Peter,
Thanks for quick reply.

By the way, it may very well be a pre-sales question, if there would have been a corresponding functionality in the Pro version. Then I would have bought the Pro version.

I have some custom modules with PHP code (using Sourcerer) and don't want to duplicate that modules to prevent having different code lines only because of different module positions.

But embedding these custom modules inside other modules (which only act as a "wrapper") to implement the different position mapping sounds like a good idea.

Best Regards
Thomas
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Or police the php code in a file and include it through Sourcerer.

Or use Snippets to reuse the snippet with the Sourcerer php code.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in