Suggestion for new Component / Module

Search
Other Pre-Sale questions
Forum

Suggestion for new Component / Module

Ton van Loon's Avatar Ton van Loon
Category list (and/or tag) "as selection / menu"
I'm looking for a component that looks like the joomla standard Category list, but that:
- can be placed in any template position
- has a clickable feature for the listed categories or tags
- so that it shows in the mainbody a category blog, list or table-view with articles from the category/tag that was clicked
- selection option: featured items Yes, No, Both
- layouts for the mainbody should be configurable as in the standard category blogs
-- for lists just show clickable title
-- for table-view must be able to select article details flieds (title, dates, category, tags, featured
-- option to group articles by tag with Category view (Tag1 header/title, articles tag1, Tag header 2, articles tag2 etc)
-- option to group aticles by category with Tag view (Category1 header/title articles Cat1, Cat header 2, articles cat2 etc)

Why this request:
- Standard tag compact and styandard (list) are very limited
- No standard option to show a clickable category list in a module position of own choice
- No grouping options in tag list, no grouping option in category blog

Component that shows details of an active category or tag in a module position of choice
- configure the details you want to show of the category or tag (title, image, dates, description, category, tags etc
- configured module can be placed in position of choice
- content that module shows must change according to the tag of category that is active in the mainbody

Please let me know what you think. No expectations, but maybe it is inspiration new extensions to add to nice portfolio.

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Take a look at Articles Anywhere...
regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Take a look at Articles Anywhere...
regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere
Yes, it does but not quite. I've looked into articles anywhere, but:

ref. to first suggestion:
1) Articles anywhere does not "respond" to the "active category" or "active tag", you have to set "hard coded" in the item you use the brackets, everytime a category or tag is added, you have would have to make a corresponding hmtl module, assigning it to menupages etc. It should go automatically accorindg to the "active cat/tag"
2) Articles Anywhere has no grouping functionality

ref. to second suggestion
3) Articles Anywhere only displays details of articles, but not the details of a Category or a Tag

As a summary: "Articles Anywhere >>>" should be more "dynamic" and I 'm looking for "Content Anywhere" [content: article, tag, category, contact]. (grouping would be nice)
1) See: docs3.regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere/p...s-as-current-article

2) In the Joomla 4 version of Articles Anywhere you can achieve e grouping via the ordering and then using the if tags to add html/whatever before or after a new 'group' starts.

But if Articles Anywhere does not fit your need, then:
No, I am not looking into creating new extensions and I am not available for custom development.
Thanks!

1) I overlooked that functionality. Sorry for that.
2) Nice!
3) I hope you will consider the "Category Details Anywhere", "Tag Details Anywhere", or the all-in-one "Content Anywhere" in the future.

I'll try the pro-version with your money back guarantee. Thanks for your excellent help and quickresponses.
And
Thank you! When I buy, will I achieve both versions? For J3 and for J4 or does it work on both?
Andrea Malalana's Avatar Andrea Malalana ADMIN
Yes, it works for both J3 and J4. And as you can see, Articles Anywhere pretty much also has "Category/Tags data anywhere" as well 🙂
I agreed. I'll study tomorrow.
I watched your videos and skimmed all pages of the J3 ánd J4 documentation in a breeze: I am impressed and very enthusiastic!

What an Amazing Product!

Just to let you know. 🙏

Will check how it will work in combination with SP Pagebuilder.
You might find this interesting too... recorded a couple of weeks ago:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIcBePN8MLY
Very informative video! Thanks for the tip. The presenter has a very good sense of humor. I like his new pair of glasses and his uuhm uhmuhmuhm uhm uhm.

Final questions:
-1- What 's your opinion on using the Helix framework with regard to using Regular Labs tools?
-2- Do you suggestion an other framework to use?
-3- I'm eager to use Articles Anywhere's J4-features. But I'm building a production site for a client with an expected 5 year lifetime and it's planned to go life within a month. Is it (to your humble opinion) already safe to use Joomla 4. Or should I stay with J3 for at least 1 year?
-4- In case it's better to stick with J3 for a while: Can I use Articles Anywhere J4 syntaxis already in the J3 version to avoid compatibility issues when migrating to J4

Confidential information:
(hidden)
I don't use any template frameworks. Most if not all template frameworks will have compatibility issues with at least some extensions. That all depends on what you need and use.

If you are not relying on extensions that are not ready yet for J4, then I would advise you to go with J4.
Most extension developers will turn their attention to Joomla 4. Development and support on J3 versions will get less and less. Joomla 4 itself is stable.

No, you can't use the new J4 syntax on J3. So if you go for J3, there will be an upgrade process you need to follow, as described here:
docs4.regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere/g...m-joomla3-to-joomla4
You can only post on this forum if you log in