Search
Other IP Login questions
Forum

Question on a specific use case of IP Login

Eric vanBok's Avatar Eric vanBok
Hello.

We use IP Login for giving libraries secure location specific access to some of the content on our website. I am exploring the idea of using it for another purpose on our website and wanted to ask if it is possible.

I have a specific page that we want to allow limited access to, and we don't want to require everyone that accesses it to have a Joomla account if we can help it. Basically I want the ability to give people a URL, with the IP Login passcode at the end, to allow people to access this specific page without the need to login.

I was wondering if it was possible, for a special account with limited access to the website, to enable IP Login for that account but have the URL with the code work for any IP address. Essentially can I just enter * for the IP address to have it work for any IP address out there?

Let me know if this is possible.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Have you tried?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Eric vanBok's Avatar Eric vanBok
I just tried it and it looks like it does work. I had no idea, based on the documentation, that just a wildcard would work for the allowed IPs. The docs made it sound all very specific.

For this one specific use case this solves a problem for us and works great.

Thanks.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Great 👍
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription