Search
Other IP Login questions
Forum

Login without URL+Key

creationell GmbH & Co. KG's Avatar creationell GmbH & Co. KG
Dear Sir or Madam,

our client has been using your plugin for a longer period of time now and claims, that it doesn't work anymore. Even though your documentation doesn't suggest it, he claims that logging in worked automatically (without entering ?<KEY> to an URL). As key they use:
Confidential information:
(hidden)

for every user. Was this a feature maybe in a previous plugin verion of yours? Or can this be achieved otherwise?

It works for our developer test account "iplogintestuser" but not for their clients (user group subscriptions), like for example user with ID 880. Here are credentials for you in order to check the configuration. Please consider, that this is a live system, so please don't change any settings for us. Thank you!

Confidential information:
(hidden)

Thank you in advance!

Jennifer Bezkorov
creationell - die Werbeagentur
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
I am not sure what you are asking.

To log in with IP Login, the URL key AND the IP need to match. You cannot log in without using the URL key. It never has worked, and never will.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Hallo Mr van Westen,

okay, that's what I thought, too. So the configuration is correct? The clients' users claim the ip login doesn't work (even with using the URL+key).

Best regards,
Jennifer Bezkorov
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
The setup looks ok.

It could be that the user is behind a firewall or they have a dynamic IP address which doesn't match the setup.

If that is not the case and you can reproduce the issue, let me know...
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Dear Mr. van Westen

Okay, thank you for your input!

Best Regards,
Jennifer Bezkorov
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription