Search
Other Extension Manager questions
Forum

Issue Migrating to J4 using MigrateMe 4

Tim Davis's Avatar Tim Davis
Hi Peter,

I am using MigrateMe 4 to run test migrations on J3 sites, and running into issues with RL extensions that I am hoping you can help me out with. I have included a video showing you everything (well not everything!) in the confidential information area.

Thanks!

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Shouldn't the first step be to ask the developers of MigrateMe about this?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Like I said, I am doing the support for this extension so I am very familiar with it. So it is kind of like the developer asking you for help.

MM4 makes a copy of the J3 site in a subfolder of the J3 site and runs the migration process on that copy (after duplicating the tables in the DB with a different prefix.)

In the core method of migrating to J4, extension manager has to be reinstalled, and that time the RL library is reinstalled.

In the copied site, the library does not get installed. As little as a few days ago, installing Advanced Module Manager next did install the library and then the extension manager worked and would then update everything else RL to J4. But today it is giving that MariaDB error message as seen in the video.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You are installing the previous version of Advanced Module Manager.
Use v9.7.5
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Ahhh, thanks for noticing that! Installing the latest version of AMM did install the library again, which had Extensions manager working and then all extensions could be updated

I appreciate the help.
You can only post on this forum if you log in