Search
Other Cache Cleaner questions
Forum

StackIdeas Toolbar notifications broken after running cache cleaner

Mel Brummell's Avatar Mel Brummell
Hi

I just installed, setup and ran cache cleaner and it has caused display errors in my easysocial toolbar notifications. So for example in the friend notifications it now displays like this with all these odd characters and doesn't display the avatars and formatting:

"\n
\n\t
\n\t\t\t\t\t<\/i>\n\t\t\n\t\t
No friend requests currently<\/div>\n\n\t\t\t<\/div>\n<\/div>"

And in the notifications it shows this:

"\n
\n\t
\n\t\t\t\t\t<\/i>\n\t\t\n\t\t
Awesome<\/b>! You have caught up with all other notifications and there is nothing new currently.<\/div>\n\n\t\t\t<\/div>\n<\/div>"

And in the conversations:
" \n\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t
\n\t\t\t\t
\n\t
<\/div>\n\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\n\t\t\t\t<\/div>\n\t<\/div>\t\t\t<\/div>\n\t\t\t
\n\t\t\t\t
Lauren<\/div>\n\n\t\t\t\t
\n\t\t\t\t\tHi Lauren, REF: Flat 9. 50 lake road, \n\nGill messaged to say the Buyer doesn't want to do his own updates via the site and that one of your team will do this instead? We...\t\t\t\t<\/div>\n\t\t\t\t
\n\t\t\t\t\t4 months ago\t\t\t\t<\/div>\n\t\t\t<\/div>\n\n\t\t\t
\n\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t<\/div>\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t
\n\t\t\t\t

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Kind regards
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Ask the developers of that StackIdeas toolbar why clearing the cache would cause that.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Hi Peter,

StackIdeas are asking what they need to check for in terms of cache as they haven't changed anything?

It had always worked fine with Joomla cache clearing and also Nginx on the server which I have since disabled as was causing to many other performance issues and my main reason for wanting to try your cache cleaner - particularly for purging the session table which gets bloated very quickly (Akeeba admin tools has a similar function but automation doesn't work). Yours worked great. The only other thing I did yesterday was update to latest Akeeba admin tools and backup (I disabled them to test but still same issue) so I am no closer to finding what's broken it.
I don't know why clearin Joomla cache, tmp files and whatever other cache you have set up in Cache Cleaner to clear, would have an effect on the output of that toolbar. In any way, that would be outside the responsibility of Cache Cleaner.

Cache Cleaner doesn't create or change any cache or files. It just removes it.
Hi Peter,

it turned out to be an error with a file totally unrelated to this component or EasySocial. It was due to an added space at the top of a recently updated php file for another plugin. I thought I'd let you know in case it ever happens to anyone else.

All sorted now.

May I ask, does having the automation running ever hour slow a website down? What is the best setting? Every day? Would it be possible to set it to run at a certain time i.e. once a day at 2am? If not, where does it take the starting point from to run on the hour, day etc. As I could start it from 2am then if that's how it works.

Kind regards
How often you want/need to clear the cache is down to what kind of site you are running, how time sensitive your content is, how many visitors you get, etc... So there is no one-size-fits-all answer.

The interval setting in the Cache Cleaner settings, clean the cache every time you visit a page, and the last time it was cleared is longer ago than the interval setting.

So if you set it to once every hour, but the admin or frontend (however you have it set up) is only visited once a day, it will only clear the cache once a day.

If you want to clear it at a fixed interval or at specific times, use cron jobs:
docs4.regularlabs.com/cachecleaner/tutorial/cron-jobs
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription