Search
Other Cache Cleaner questions
Forum

Litespeed cache + cache cleaner + article save

Kovacs Peter's Avatar Kovacs Peter
Hi,

There is a Joomla 4.4.3 + YOOtheme Pro site which uses Cache Cleaner 9.1.0 PRO, and also the latest LScache extension is installed. In Cache Cleaner, I enabled Automatic cleaning on Save and purged LiteSpeed cache. Also, in LScache, every purge-on-save is enabled. When I modify an article and save it, I can see the changes in the article view but not on the home page, which is a "featured articles" view. No matter how many times I modify the article, it gives the same result. However, when I click the 'clean cache' button manually, it deletes the cache and I get the correct result on the home page as well. I tried to reorder the system plugins without any result. Any thoughts about this?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Check what other stuff you have set up to clean in the Cache Cleaner system plugin that is set to 'Only via button'. Try testing with setting those to 'Yes' one by one.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
I have only one "only via button" setting: 'Empty temp Folder'. I tried to set it to 'Yes', no difference
i.postimg.cc/gk8wfDrJ/k-p.png
No idea.
But as you say:
Also, in LScache, every purge-on-save is enabled
So that alone would have to be enough, right?
as far as I can see it uses this
public function onContentAfterSave($context, $row, $isNew=false) {
        if (!$this->cacheEnabled) {
            return;
        }
        $this->purgeContent($context, $row);
        $this->purgeAction();
    }

it deletes only the current $row's cache if I'm right.
I'll open a ticket on their system as well, but still interesting why Cache Cleaner cleans it by button but not by save 🙂
If you can't get it figured out:
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
If I'm right LScache cleans the cache on save for the article and the related category, but not for featured articles. I'd already contacted them.
Confidential information:
(hidden)
I think that what is happening is this:

Cache Cleaner sets a header for the document to tell the server to purge the entire lscache:
header('X-LiteSpeed-Purge: *');

When saving an article, the lscache plugin overrides that header with its own version, that only clears the article url.
So my advice: disable the auto-purging in the lscache plugin, and let Cache Cleaner do it.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription