Search
Other Cache Cleaner questions
Forum

Configuration of Cache Cleaner

Stefano D'Eliseo's Avatar Stefano D'Eliseo
Hi, I purchased your bundle of all plugins today as I was interested in the Cache Cleaner PRO version.
I have two questions: the first, once I have installed the plugin, what should I do with the joomla cache? I searched the documentation but couldn't find the settings to set.
Should the joomla cache remain active or not? What about global configuration parameters?

Also, I would like to be able to exclude three URLs from cache, I don't want them to go to cache and I bought this product because CDNs were mentioned, but I was surprised that it refers to three specific types of CDNs.
I need to be able to exclude from the cache the Iubenda CDNs that all have the suffix //:cdn.iubenda.com/.....

And there are three URLs in total. How can I do?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Cache Cleaner does not create cavhe. Neither does it control how or when cache is created. It just cleans (removes) cache that is already created by Joomla or other methods.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thanks for your reply Peter. Can I ask you if the other CDN for Joomla plugin is suitable for my problem? I need the Iubenda endpoints not to be sent to the cache, unfortunately this happens and I have to clear the cache every time.

I can't even imagine using the periodic cache cleaning, which Cache Cleaner allows you to do, because in any case in the intermediate period of time the endpoints are in cache and do not allow the blocking of cookies to work according to the Iubenda rules.

Thank you
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
CDN for Joomla! also does not control what gets cached and what doesn't.
It only converts media urls to the CDN versions of the urls.

I am not sure what you mean with "I need the Iubenda endpoints not to be sent to the cache"
Do you mean that the pages containing those urls should not get cached?
Or that Iubenda should not cache what is stored there?

First could maybe be solved using a cache control plugin.
The second would be a question for Iubenda.

Either way, I cannot help you with this.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thanks Peter, you answered my question anyway.
I raised the issue with Iubenda, they obviously replied that they are not interested in how the site is made, they explain that if a cache is active, their endpoints must be excluded from it, which are obviously stored on cdn.iubenda.com ( there are 3 scripts controlled by them).

Unfortunately Joomla does not natively have this function, it does not have a function that allows you to exclude URLs from the cache and if you enable the function, the endpoints are also incorporated into the cache for each page creating problems.

I will try to contact someone who creates Joomla caching plugins who may have a feature where they exclude external URLs such as endpoints.

Thanks anyway for reading me.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription