Search
Other Cache Cleaner questions
Forum

Cache cleaning gives a blank page

Annelies Hoolmans's Avatar Annelies Hoolmans
Hi Peter,
After clicking the 'clean cache' button I get a blank page after some time or 'cache kan niet worden opgeschoond'. TMP folder is empty. Pro plugin is enabled.
Kind regards,
Annelies
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Are you using Joomla 3 or 4?
Can you set the Error Reporting to 'Development' in the Joomla configuration and see what is breaking the page?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Joomla 3.10.6
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/vhosts/beterpet.nl/httpdocs/libraries/src/Filesystem/Folder.php on line 631.
Kind regards,
Annelies
This suggests that it is trying to empty a folder, but it is taking too long. Maybe because the folder is write-protected or something.

Try emptying the cache folder manually (via FTP for instance).
Can I delete all files in the 'cache' folder and leave the cache folder itself and all the subfolders?
Kind regards,
Annelies
You can safely delete all files and folders inside the cache folder. So you should end up with a completely empty cache folder.
Hi Peter,
That did the job. It took a very long time to delete all the files. But now the 'clean cache button' is working properly. Is it wise to set it to automatic or manually only by button? And is this plugin also cleaning the VirtueMart files?
Thank you very much for your outstanding service.
Kind regards,
Annelies
It took a very long time to delete all the files.
So I guess it was filled with ages of old cache files 😬
Is it wise to set it to automatic or manually only by button?
That is very much down to how you use your website, how you have set up caching and how (and how often) you use Cache Cleaner in the administrator.

Personally I have it set up to clear the cache whenever I save an article. That and manually pressing the button when I need to, is enough.
And is this plugin also cleaning the VirtueMart files?
I have no idea where VirtueMart stores its cache. If it is in the normal cache folder, then yes.
If it is in some other folder, you can set Cache Cleaner Pro up to empty that custom folder path too.
If it stores cache in the database, then you can set Cache Cleaner Pro up to empty that specific database table.
VirtueMart stores its cache in the cache folder 🙂
Thanks again.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription