Email Protector

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Email Protector - Class "Intervention\Image\Gd\Fo​nt" not found

David Hillock's Avatar David Hillock
Hello,

I just updated to the latest email protector (6.1.0) and it crashed our site with the above error.

The problem occurs when you have the cloaking method: Image

Following is the stack with the error message.
Confidential information:
(hidden)

I switch the cloaking method, but will switch it back to my preferred (image) when you have fixed this.

Thank you.

David
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Works. TY

Quick question if I may. Can your components/plugins run with the Joomla compatibility plugin turned off?

Thank you.

David
Yes, they should.
I'm sorry, but the error started appearing again. Note that I cleared the YOOtheme cache, and I used your utility to clean the joomla cache. Here is the stack:

Confidential information:
(hidden)

David
Please try the latest development version of Cache Cleaner from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Then clear the cache.

If you still get the error, try deleting these files and folders:
administrator/manifests/libraries/regularlabs.xml
administrator/manifests/packages/pkg_regularlabs.xml
administrator/manifests/packages/regularlabs
/plugins/system/regularlabs
/libraries/regularlabs
(You will get other errors now).

Then clear the Joomla cache and reinstall the latest version of Cache Cleaner again.
I removed the folders/files as outlined about, then could not access anything from the backend or the frontend. I had this error.

A PHP Exception occurred on your site. Here you can find the stack trace:

Exception Type: Error
File: /xxx/xxx/xxx/torontocameraclub.com/xxxx/plugins/system/iplogin/iplogin.php (I added the X's here)
Line: 26

On the backend the error said: Advanced Module Manager cannot function. Regular Labs Library plugin is not installed.

Luckily, I did a full backup just before trying this, so I was able to do a restore outside of the website.

David
Not sure what is happening on your setup. Are your extensions uptodate?
Those errors should not appear. IP Login and the other Regular Labs extensions should only give an admin message when the Regular Labs Library is not found. It should not give breaking PHP errors.

I recommend you reinstall all Regular Labs extensions, and the latest dev version of Email Protector.
And make sure your Joomla version and other extensions are also uptodate.
We run a pretty clean website - Joomla and all extensions are in their latest versions, and nothing "hanging around" from no-longer-used extensions.

For clarity, the PHP errors are displayed when trying to use the front-end of the website. You are correct, from the back-end, Regular Labs gives an admin message, but no back-end functions can be used. For example, we could not open the Akeeba backup utility to do a restore. We did the restore outside of the website.

For now, I will simply use the CSS/JavaScript cloaking method. I'll try next week to refresh our sandbox with production and see if I can resolve this as I'm never comfortable with "work arounds."

In the meantime, keep doing what you're doing - you have an amazing set of extensions and you offer first class support.

David
If you can reproduce this on an online environment to which I can get access, I am happy to look into this.
You can only post on this forum if you log in