Tabs & Accordions

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Tabs & Accordions - Tabs on mobile scroll to bottom of page

dma's Avatar dma
Hello dear regular labs team,

there seems to be a bug with Tabs & Accordions on J4 where Tabs on mobile don't scroll to the position of the opened tab, but rather open the tabs offscreen.
It seems to be caused by the length of the content in the tab that was clicked before. Example:

Tab 1 - open
has a lot of text
Tab 2 - closed
does have a minimum amount of text

So scrolling down below the content of tab 1 to reach the button Tab 2. Then click on it. The long text-tab is closed but the position stays so effectively you have to scroll up a whole lot to see the now opened tab 2.

Thanks in advance for your help in fixing this!
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
This could be due to a conflict with a scrolling script in your template.
Do you have this online so I can take a look?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
dma's Avatar dma
Yes, please have a look at this site for example: www.ayuboa.com/reisen/entdecken-erleben/...d-meditation-erleben It only affects mobile display.
Scrolling also acts a bit weird on normal desktop view (probably depending on the browser).
This looks like is being caused by the ScrollSpy script your template is loading. This is conflicting with the scrolling Tabs & Accordions tries to do.
dma's Avatar dma
Hello, thanks for your fast answer! We disabled the scrollspy script but the behaviour is still the same unfortunately.
I don't see the issue you are seeing. You have scrolling off in Tabs & Accordions and I see no scrolling when selecting an accordion on mobile.
dma's Avatar dma
Hi again, sorry for my late answer. Since you said I have scrolling deactivated I had another look to the settings and saw the following description in info boxes:

Top Scrolling
The page will scroll so that the tab or accordion is visible at the top of the view.

Adaptive Scrolling
The page will only scroll if the tab or accordion is not completely in view. If it is completely outside the view or partially visible at the top, it will scroll to the top. If it is partially visible at the bottom, it will scroll to the bottom.

I think this is what is not working for us. The tab opened is outside the view and it should scroll to be visible, but it's not happening.
On mobile you are not using the tabs view. You are switching to the accordions view.
dma's Avatar dma
Yes, right, sorry. But still, shouldn't it scroll so that the opened accordion is in view, like the infobox says?
Page Scrolling is only available in the Pro version.
See: docs4.regularlabs.com/tabsaccordions/goi...rther/page-scrolling
dma's Avatar dma
Alright, now I understand. Thanks for the help, we'll use pro version + page scrolling setting then 🙂
You can only post on this forum if you log in