Problem to update Joomla 3 to 4 and Advanced...

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Problem to update Joomla 3 to 4 and Advanced module manager

Mike's Avatar Mike
Hi there,

I am using the free version of Advance module manager and tried to update J 3.10.12 to Joomla ‎4.4.1 today.
During the update my version of the Advance module manager was 9.9.0 and when the update was done, I was correctly requested to update to latest version v10.0.12. However, after I have done that, I got a failure message in the backend, saying:

array_key_exists(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type array, null given

and a german Error:
Ihre installierte Version von Advanced Module Manager ist nicht kompatibel mit Joomla 4.
Bitte prüfen Sie, ob es eine Version von Advanced Module Manager für Joomla 4 gibt und installieren Sie diese.
Das Advanced Module Manager-Plugin wurde deaktiviert!

Also i tried with the latest development release v10.0.14 but that did not help.

It seems that the installation of v10.0.12/14 has not overwritten the old installation but created a new one, so currently the following is installed on my site:

Regular Labs - Advanced Module Manager Administrator Komponente 10.0.14-dev2820582 PUBLISHED
System - Regular Labs - Advanced Module ManagerAdvanced Module Manager Plugin 9.9.0 01.09.2023 UNPUBLISHED
Regular Labs - Advanced Module Manager Site Paket 9.9.0 01.09.2023 UNPUBLISHED

Also on my frontend I get an Error "0 Class "JRequest" not found"

I hope you can help me to solve this issue

Thanks in advance and have a happy weekend

Best regards

Michael
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Can you enable debug mode and error reporting to see the full error stack trace?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Mike's Avatar Mike
Hi Peter,

here is the debug message in the backend
Hope this is helpful:

Es ist ein Fehler aufgetreten!
0 array_key_exists(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type array, null given
Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/plugins/content/pingomatic/pingomatic.php:412
2 plgContentPingomatic->onContentAfterSave() JROOT/libraries/src/Plugin/CMSPlugin.php:289
3 Joomla\CMS\Plugin\CMSPlugin->Joomla\CMS\Plugin\{closure}() JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/event/src/Dispatcher.php:486
4 Joomla\Event\Dispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/EventAware.php:111
5 Joomla\CMS\Application\WebApplication->triggerEvent() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Model/AdminModel.php:1277
6 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Model\AdminModel->save() JROOT/administrator/components/com_conditions/src/Model/ItemModel.php:1055
7 RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Model\ItemModel->saveCondition() JROOT/administrator/components/com_conditions/src/Model/ItemModel.php:629
8 RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Model\ItemModel->saveByObject() JROOT/administrator/components/com_conditions/src/Helper/ConvertAssignments.php:157
9 RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Helper\ConvertAssignments::saveConditionByItem() JROOT/administrator/components/com_conditions/src/Helper/ConvertAssignments.php:797
10 RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Helper\ConvertAssignments::handleItem() JROOT/administrator/components/com_conditions/src/Helper/ConvertAssignments.php:55
11 RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Helper\ConvertAssignments::convert() /homepages/3/d81427973/htdocs/DKNEW_LOG_TMP/tmp/install_6574c1575756e/packages/j4/com_advancedmodules/script.install.php:117
12 Com_AdvancedModulesInstallerScript::convertAssignmentsToConditions() /homepages/3/d81427973/htdocs/DKNEW_LOG_TMP/tmp/install_6574c1575756e/packages/j4/com_advancedmodules/script.install.php:42
13 Com_AdvancedModulesInstallerScript->postflight()
14 call_user_func_array() JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/LegacyInstallerScript.php:158
15 Joomla\CMS\Installer\LegacyInstallerScript->__call() JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/LegacyInstallerScript.php:187
16 Joomla\CMS\Installer\LegacyInstallerScript->callOnScript() JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/LegacyInstallerScript.php:113
17 Joomla\CMS\Installer\LegacyInstallerScript->postflight() JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/InstallerAdapter.php:1060
18 Joomla\CMS\Installer\InstallerAdapter->triggerManifestScript() JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/InstallerAdapter.php:802
19 Joomla\CMS\Installer\InstallerAdapter->install() JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/Installer.php:643
20 Joomla\CMS\Installer\Installer->install() JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/Adapter/PackageAdapter.php:157
21 Joomla\CMS\Installer\Adapter\PackageAdapter->copyBaseFiles() JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/InstallerAdapter.php:740
22 Joomla\CMS\Installer\InstallerAdapter->install() JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/Installer.php:643
23 Joomla\CMS\Installer\Installer->install() JROOT/administrator/components/com_installer/src/Model/InstallModel.php:195
24 Joomla\Component\Installer\Administrator\Model\InstallModel->install() JROOT/administrator/components/com_installer/src/Controller/InstallController.php:52
25 Joomla\Component\Installer\Administrator\Controller\InstallController->install() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:693
26 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:143
27 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
28 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143
29 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186
30 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:293
31 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:61
32 require_once() JROOT/administrator/index.php:32
Mike's Avatar Mike
Hi Peter,

sorry but the probelm in the frontend was caused by an old plugin called extravote. After deinstallation frontend is working.

In attached link is my actual installation list of Advanced Module Manager:
Confidential information:
(hidden)
The error log points to an issue in pingomatic.
Mike's Avatar Mike
Hi Peter,

you are right, it was not a problem of your component. Thanks for your help anyway.

Best regards

Michael
Mike's Avatar Mike
Hi Peter,

I am still trying to update from Joomla 3 to version 4.
In my last try to upload Advanced Module Manager to current version 10.0.14. I am getting the below Error and my site is totally stuck:

Class "RegularLabs\Plugin\System\AdvancedModules\Document" not found

Here is the debug info:
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/plugins/system/advancedmodules/advancedmodules.php:101
2 PlgSystemAdvancedModules->changeFinalHtmlOutput() JROOT/libraries/regularlabs/src/SystemPlugin.php:155
3 RegularLabs\Library\SystemPlugin->onAfterRender() JROOT/libraries/src/Plugin/CMSPlugin.php:289
4 Joomla\CMS\Plugin\CMSPlugin->Joomla\CMS\Plugin\{closure}() JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/event/src/Dispatcher.php:486
5 Joomla\Event\Dispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/EventAware.php:111
6 Joomla\CMS\Application\WebApplication->triggerEvent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:1031
7 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:425
8 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:298
9 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:61
10 require_once() JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

Do you have any idea, how to fix this.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Michael
Try reinstalling Advanced Module Manager and then delete your Joomla cache.
Mike's Avatar Mike
Hi Peter,

thanks this has solved the problem.
Is it normal that all my module setting have been lost by doing this update? Not only the ones, which used the "same as" functionality.

Please see my test site with all modules active on all pages.
(hidden)

Thanks for your advise.

Best regards

Michael
No, it is not normal.
Seems you had serious issues on your Joomla 3 setup already. Probably the update to J4 did not go 100% ok in the background.
Mike's Avatar Mike
Hi Peter,

I am sorry to boother you but my problem remains.
The update from AMM 9.9.0 to 10.0.14 is going smoothly, however, all my module conditions are lost.
There is no error message, which I could report you, except the fact that my module conditions are all gone.

I can see, that there are many conditions created in the regular labs conditions folder (around 120) but none of them is assigned to any module. Although they have the name of the respective module, there are no conditions inside and nor any module assigned.
As a result, all my modules are shown on every page.

(hidden)

If you have no other idea, I will have to reassign all modules manually.

Best regards and have a happy weekend

Michael
If you want me to look into this, can you give me (super) admin, (s)ftp and database (PhpMyAdmin) access so I can take a look?
I would need access to the J3 database and full access to the J4 test site.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Mike's Avatar Mike
Hi Peter,

thanks for your good support.
I am sorry but my site carries a lot of sensitive information about families, which have a children with diabetes. Accordingly I can not open access to anyone without making respective agreements for data protection and confidentiality. A more easy approach would be, if we have a remote Zoom or Teams session together, where your can run through the sites and see, whatever you need.

Please advise, if this is workable for you.

Best regards

Michael
That won't help me much.
Try to reproduce the issue on a copy of the site without all the sensitive data. Just 1 or 2 modules on which I can see the isue (assignments not getting converted) is enough.
Mike's Avatar Mike
Hi Peter,

thanks for the good support.
I have prepared a test site without sensitive user data.
Its a J3 site, with AMM 9.9.0 installed and working fine.

You can try to updated the site to J4 and latest AMM to reproduce the issue.
I changed base language to English for your convenience. Normally I use German.

Here is the data:
(hidden)

If you need any further information, please advise.

Best regards and thanks in advance for your help

Michael
Can you also give me access to the database (PhpMyAdmin).
So I can place back stuff during testing ad see what is going on there?
Mike's Avatar Mike
Hi Peter,

I can send you the MySQL login data, but my hoster does not allow login from other places than localhost.

Here is the data:
(hidden)

I hope that this will help.

Best regards

Michael
Mike's Avatar Mike
Hi Peter,

I have uploaded the MySQL file to _MYSQL DATA directory.

Hope that this helps

Best regards

Michael
Without some way to browse through the database and be able to change/restore things, I can't really do much for you.
Mike's Avatar Mike
Sorry Peter,

but this is restricted by my provider.
I can only access the PHPMyAdmin panel through my entire webserver administrator backend, which I surely can not open.
I tried to install PHPMyAdmin to the testsite, but that does not work as well. Seems restricted by the hoster

What should be possible is, to restore the database through Akeeba Backup, which is installed.

I hope that this could be a workable solution. Otherwise I have no more idea.

Best regards

Michael
You can only post on this forum if you log in