Site crashes after Sourcerer updates then...

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Site crashes after Sourcerer updates then updating Joomla to 4.4.0

Chad Criswell's Avatar Chad Criswell
I have had this happen on three sites so far. I can verify that on all three sites Sourcerer was updated the previous day to Library 23.10.17780 and Sourcerer 10.0.1. Then when running a remote update of Joomla (via Watchful.li) from 4.3.4 to 4.4.0 after doing so the sites error out. Please see the quoted post below that I made on the Joomla forums that goes into greater detail regarding the errors seen and steps I took to work around it.

I wasn't sure at first where I should post it as it seemed to be a joomla update problem but perhaps it is also related to the Regular Labs Library updates?
I have had this or something very similar happen on three different sites so far. In each case after either updating extensions and then updating Joomla from 4.3.4 to 4.4.0 the site went down with an error on the front end saying that I needed to install the gantry 5 framework (this was the same on all three sites).

On the back end I got the orange error page. After turning on debug, etc. on two of the sites it looked like it was a problem with the Regular Labs Sourcerer plugin so I renamed the /plugins/system/regularlabs and /libraries/regularlabs folders and the site came back up normally. I then reinstalled Sourcerer through the back end and all seems okay.

In this latest one though while updating the site to 4.4.0 I received the same front end errors. Sourcerer was not installed but other Regular Labs Modals was. I went ahead and did the same steps but this time it didn't work. Even after renaming the folders the front end stayed the same (Gantry 5 missing error) while on the back end I could log in but received the error

Class "Joomla\Plugin\System\Skipto\Extension\Skipto" not found

and I could do nothing in any of the menus.

I was updating Joomla remotely via the Watchful.li maintenance plugin in last specific case. I was able to restore from backup but since I do maintenance on dozens of sites I would like to try to figure out what might be happening here. Having the same thing happen on three different sites while or soon after updating to 4.4.0 is concerning. All three were on different servers. One self hosted, one GoDaddy, and one on Hostgator. All were running on PHP8.1.x

Any ideas what might be happening?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
This lookd like an issue with the Skipto plugin…
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in