Administrator side cache still creates problems...

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Administrator side cache still creates problems AMM 10.0.5

Filip Jovic's Avatar Filip Jovic
Hi Peter,
AMM 10.0.5 installed this morning, Joomla 4.4.0, MySQL 5.7.43, PHP 8.2.x, please check this:

"Fixes issue with condition rules getting cached in administrator side"

As stated in changelog it should've been fixed, but still I had to manually clear admin side cache to load newly added set of conditions (show on menu item, single article link).
Maybe it's because of my old DB version, but it's still pretty common configuration...
Anyway, just want to let you know that it still persists in some occasions, obviously. As soon as I cleared cached files (regularlabs) condition worked well.

Thank you for your work, great stuff, free and payed!
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access to the setup where I can see this issue?
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Yes, I'll create you access, though it'll take some (short) time since I am not always ready for this, I need to create sftp on my dev location 🙂

But I just tested it on other site, MariaDB 10.5, PHP 8.2.7, Joomla 5 - same result.
AMM 10.0.5

If you can not recreate problem on your side - I'll send you access data anyway.
Thanks!
Access data are in Confidential section.
Problem description: try adding condition for module to appear under certain menu item.
Example: try adding "О институту" module to appear under "Истраживања -> ИОФХ семинари" (Research -> IOFH seminars, srry, cyrilic 🙂 )
Now there's only one module on the left, which I made work after clearing cache. One I mention should also appear on the left.

It does not appear until I clear cache on admin side for regularlabs. Each time I need to do this.

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Nope, still the same. v10.0.6-dev2782580
Every change requires clearing cache.

Thank you!
Not sure I follow your instructions (due to the cyrilics?)...
So are you changing and saving conditions (or rules inside a condition set)?
Or are you just attaching an existing condition to a module?
I am editing an existing condition set. I did not try other conditions, but mine is "Include: Menu items"

Forntend: Go to "Истраживања -> ИОФХ семинари" (/istrazivanja/iofh-seminari). Keep that page opened.
Backend: Go to modules - pick one in the left position for example (I suggested "О институту", near the end of list, it's simple menu that should appear on the left, ofc)
Edit condition set, just pick one menu item that is currently unselected (I suggested "ИОФХ семинари", easy to locate).
Save all.

Refresh in frontend. Nothing happens. On the left you still have just one module that was there previously.

Clear admin cache. Refresh forntend - 2nd module is there, "О институту".

I know it would be easier w/o cyrilic, maybe I can setup other site and check with latin letters, but procedure that is not working is very familiar.
Thank you very much 🙂
I think I found the issue.
Please try the new development version from:
Nope, still the same, v10.0.6-dev2783184

Caching plugin is disabled, System Cache is disabled. I always kept it like that and it's Joomla default, right.
I just say, not that it's not good, just FYI.

I'll use it on clear Joomla now, to compare if it works there and on my site not. My site (as you saw) has nothing special, but maybe I run into something that can help you. I don't think I am the only one experiencing this. Pretty unusual, never happened, at least not with your extensions and especially not AMM.
Joomla 5, clean install just few days ago, only extension was AMM 10.0.3. That version did not work, as you know.

I installed v10.0.6-dev2783184. At first, right after installation Joomla reported
"An error has occurred. 0 Call to undefined method RegularLabs\Library\Cache::reset()"

I refreshed page, everything got to an end, reporting changelog blahblah - so all as expected now.
I tested it - it works!

Joomla 5, PHP 8.2, MariaDB 10.5

So v10.0.6-dev2783184 works, apart from this unusual message upon installation about "undefined method". And it goes away after second attempt (just refresh page).
Joomla 4.4.0, clean install - v10.0.6-dev2783184 works!

Joomla 4.4.0, PHP 8.2, MariaDB 10.5

No undefined method error. All went as expected.

My conclusion: I have something on my site that is still causing the problem, but you might've seen, nothing special there, same server, same config as clean Joomla.
Also, that unexpected error in clean J5 + reinstall remains.

I'll let you know if I run into something else, I hope this is just me now.
Thank you for your time and new version, Peter!
Hi Peter,
I think I know what's the source of the problem:
I dived into the code and vardumped $this->file_cache_controllers[$id] in getFileCache() function of Cache.php file.
Collection of object data I got contains language key in array. My site is bilingual, containing sr-RS (Serbian) and en-GB. sr-RS is Joomla 4 version, still has no version for Joomla 5, so I set en-GB to be my default language. With it set to default, AMM works ok, cache files get deleted / recreated on Cache::reset function.

Now, I did not want to get too deep into it and see what exactly makes the difference, but you can make some more tests and perhaps override / predict language problems while we're in this "transition" period, or even make a generic solution.

I hope I helped a bit in pointing to right direction.
Cheers, thank you!!!
New try 🤞🏻
YES! Works like a charm now! v10.0.6-dev2784512
Crossing fingers helped hahahaha 🙂))
Thank you for your hard work! I hope I helped a bit.
Yup, thanks!
Hi Peter,
unfortunately, I have to report this issue still exists in J5! As for 4.4 all worked, but after upgrade I still have to manually clear cache file(s).
I tested on clean Joomla 5 installation, too. Same thing. Nothing special, I think you can recreate problem easy.

Also, I installed latest dev version, v10.0.8-dev2792756, same problem, plus it reports:
Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Form\Field\ConditionField::$canCheckin is deprecated in ...\libraries\src\Form\FormField.php on line 594

I know you are a hard working developer, no need to rush with this, manually clearing "rl_conditions" cache will do the thing until you manage to deal with it.

Thank you!
The new dev version should fix the deprecation message.
I will look into the caching on Joomla 5...

I think I found the issue with the cache not getting cleared...
New dev should fix it.
YES!

"dev2799724" version fixed it, both the J5 cache problem and the deprecated php action report.

Thank you for being so fast on these issues!
You can only post on this forum if you log in