You need PHP 8.1 or higher to be able to install...

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

You need PHP 8.1 or higher to be able to install and use this extension

Norsk Jernbaneklubb's Avatar Norsk Jernbaneklubb
Hi,

Getting errors like this when trying to install some of today's beta releases (J3 and J4):

The Regular Labs Extension Manager is not compatible with PHP 8.0.29.
You need PHP 8.1 or higher to be able to install and use this extension.

Regards,
Frode
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Yes, going forward, PHP8.1 is the minimum requirement. PHP8.0 has some serious issues and is also end-of-life. You should update!
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
David McCreary's Avatar David McCreary
Regrettably... while i love the Cloudways VULTR HF i have 60 joomla sites on, i cannot update PHP app by app. Entire server or nothing. I'm at least a week or two away from having all sites to joomla 4 and/or 8.1 capability. I need to be able to add Tabs to one site i'm updating using old extension manager. Is there any way to just keep using old manager for the time being or is every update fully reliant on the new extension manager and hence 8.1? Can't i just stay put for awhile longer? Force sites to accept older manager?
You cannot use the Regular Labs Extension Manager to install older versions.
You can download the older versions of the Regular Labs extensions you need, and install them manually.
David McCreary's Avatar David McCreary
Thank you Peter, much appreciated. Do you have a spreadsheet or similar of PHP 7.4 v 8.1 compatibility for versions?
No.
In the downloads section, just get the version before the one with 'Increases minimum php version to 8.1' in the changelog.
Which at the moment are the ones before the latest releases.
> Yes, going forward, PHP8.1 is the minimum requirement. PHP8.0 has some serious issues and is also end-of-life. You should update!

Easy for you to say! We still have sites on J3, and they're not PHP 8.1-compliant either. We're working hard to migrate, but it doesn't happen overnight.
And by the way, PHP 8.0 still gets security fixes until 26 November 2023.

But ok, this means we will have to deactivate RL from the Update Sites list until we get to J4.
this means we will have to deactivate RL from the Update Sites list
Indeed.
I have set back the minimum requirement of the Joomla 3 versions to PHP 7.4.
The Joomla 4 versions will still need PHP 8.1 or higher.
Jay Stevens's Avatar Jay Stevens
In the process of migrating from J3 to J4 and from PHP 7.4 to PHP 8. The J4 migration is scheduled first, as there are a number of modules that will require rewriting for PHP 8. Can I continue to use Modules Anywhere 7.17.1 in Joomla 4 until we upgrade to PHP 8.1?
Yes, you can install the latest version of the Regular Labs extensions that have been released before the change in the minimum requirement to PHP 8.1.
I have set back the minimum requirement of the Joomla 3 versions to PHP 7.4.

Good.

However, I just saw your reply yesterday, 16 days later. So it seems a bit random when we get mail from your forum and when we don't. And yes, I've checked my spam filter.
You can only post on this forum if you log in