Syntax of date conditions changed

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Syntax of date conditions changed

Ralf's Avatar Ralf
I have some hundred locations where I use date conditions in order to show reservation links for seminars from the day of publication until the event and hide them from the first day of the event.
When I was using the last CC version in Joomla3 with CC version 4.5.2, I was using European data format in the condition like and it worked fine:
{show} date = "to 15.12.2022" <my_Text_here> {/show}. Meaning: An end date, no start date, German DD.MM.YYY style, fine.

Now, after migration to J4 and with CC version 4.5.2 I am forced to use the DD-MM-YYYY format ot the standard YYYY-MM-DD format. Also I am forced to set a start date before the "to". A "0" works as a start date.
- Is that new syntax meant to be like this? Or am I doing anything wrong? I will have to retype a few hundred date formats in more than 80 articles now.

Cheers,
Ralleff
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
The syntax for a condition till a certain date is:
date="<2023-06-08"
You can use the editor button to get the correct syntax.

If you need to bulk-replace / update things in your Joomla 4 website, you could use DB Replacer Pro.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Ralf's Avatar Ralf
Hi Peter,

thanks for the fast reply!

Actually I tried with the editor button to find the correct (new) syntax.
I know what the correct syntax is but I am surprised to see that the synatx is different from the previous versions and I wonder why.
Will it stay like this (then I will change all my syntax now) or will a fix or something come soon. Or is it is a matter of a setup somewhere.

Regards
Ralf
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
It will stay like this.

The conditions has been completely overhauled. The Joomla 4 version is a lot different than the Joomla 3 version.
See: docs4.regularlabs.com/conditionalcontent.../conditions-overview
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Ralf's Avatar Ralf
Ok, thanks for clarifying this.
Regards
Ralf
You can only post on this forum if you log in