A lot of weird URL's with Advanced Module Manager

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

A lot of weird URL's with Advanced Module Manager

Jens Struck's Avatar Jens Struck
Hi all,

I'm using the Advanced Module Manager version 9.7.3 with Joomla Joomla! 3.10.11 and PHP-Version 7.4.33 together with Gtranslate.
The Enterprise version is translating the original page (which is in German) to a lot of different languages and created hereby subdomains.

For example: Original page: www.developmentscout.com/industrie/antri...heren-antriebsstrang
Translated page: en.developmentscout.com/industry/drive-t...r-a-safe-drive-train

Unfortunately there are "translated" versions which have a non-translated URL BUT the correct canonical tag in the source code: en.developmentscout.com/industrie/antrie...heren-antriebsstrang

These URL's are indexed by Google but with really bad CLS.
When I'm turning the module manger off, everything is fine.
I'm using the "Notio" template from Rockettheme with some extensions from them as well.

Is there a chance to get rid of all this when I'm buying the Pro version?

Thanks and best regards
Jens
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
This is probably down to a combination of things you are using. My guess would be it has something to do with RocketTheme (an incompatibility with Advanced Module Manager).

Upgrading to the Pro version of Advanced Module Manager would not change that.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
O.K. Thanks a lot for the answer. I know you're definitely not the best person to ask you this, but do you know an alternative for your great software which is not incompatibility with Rockettheme?
Nope.
Peter, today I noticed, that for instance this URL www.developmentscout.com/unternehmen/nac...eues-werk-in-vietnam on our site is deleted, Google has it not in his index but the browser gives a blank white page with a 200 status.

We're using GTranslate also and this means, that all the translated (empty) pages with a 200 status are in their index.

When I'm switching off AMM, the browser is answering with a correct 404 status, so could you tell me where I can have a look at the controller function of AMM to fix this?

Thanks
Jens
Advanced Module Manager does not get involved with URLs. It just determines whether modules are shown or not.
So not sure where your issues are originating from. But like I said, I think it is probably down to Rockettheme.

If you can reproduce the issue on a clean Joomla installation with just Advanced Module Manager installed, let me know.
Yep, Rockettheme is for sure one of the main cause for this behaviour. But as I said, when I'm switching of AMM with this configuration, everything is fine, so IMHO it has something to do with the router algo from AMM, right?

And no, it makes no sense for me to reproduce the issue on a clean Joomla installation, because we're talking for a big production page for over 13 years.
Again, Advanced Module Manager doesn't get involved with routing of urls.

It thing I can think of is that you are using url-based conditions.
Advanced Module Manager will ask Joomla for the current URL.
And that might throw off whatever weird rooting RocketTheme is doing.

This is not something I can fix for you.
O.K. Thanks for the clarification Peter.
You can only post on this forum if you log in