Is Regular Labs Firewall Blocking my server?

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Is Regular Labs Firewall Blocking my server?

Michael's Avatar Michael
Hello Peter,

I have run into an issue where all the Joomla sites on my server that use your extensions are unable to update, not even via your extension manager. I have to manually install them as of right now. Your download server IP Address of 181.214.252.63 has been whitelisted in the server's firewall for several years now. I have another server where the updates for your extensions work just fine so it appears it is possible that your download server is blocking the IP Addresses of my hosting server. I'll provide the information for the servers in the confidential section of this post. I would appreciate it if you would take a look at it and let me know whether or not the IP Addresses are blocked by your firewall.

Confidential information:
(hidden)

Thank you in advance for your time!

kind regards,

Michael
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Please ask your host if they can see if they are somehow blocking my IP on another level.
If not, let them do a traceroute so I can forward that info to my host...
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Michael's Avatar Michael
I am the host... Your address is not being blocked any other way. I checked using curl (see attached image), it turns out my server was trying to connect to your download server using its IPv6 address. I disabled the IPv6 address and it connected fine using the IPv4 address. However, I'd like to be able to re-enable the IPv6 address eventually. If you would, please share the attached photo with your host and have them check to see if they are blocking the IPv6 address.

kind regards,

Michael

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Michael's Avatar Michael
Hello Peter,

I've got a quick follow-up for you. I use Plesk for my hosting control panel instead of cPanel. I asked them to look into things for me to see what was going on. Upon closer inspection of the log files, it appears that nothing was blocked, but rather the IP address of your download server simply just was not reachable over IPv6, and my server was preferring to try and contact yours using IPv6 instead of IPv4 which is why all the Joomla instances on this server were failing to reach your download server. This can be due to a network misconfiguration on the end of your Host, or somewhere in the middle. You might ask your host to check to make sure that your download server is reachable over IPv6.

kind regards,

Michael
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Can you give me the traceroute and also give me the IP address of your server?
ip.sidn.nl/
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in