Auto Updates fail ---- 200+ Sites

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Auto Updates fail ---- 200+ Sites

Paul McDonald's Avatar Paul McDonald
Hi ... first, thank you for your extensions.

I've been having an issue for about 6 months where auto updates no longer work for your plugins.

I've deleted joomla cache, etc.

Auto Updates work for other extensions, just not ones from you folks. I use add to menu, sourcer, etc.

Is there anything I can do to fix? or is the issue on your end? 200+ Joomla 3 sites that this is happening on.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
What service are you using for the auto updates?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
I use:
add to menu
Sourcerer
Sliders
Cache Cleaner
I mean, how are you auto-updating the extensions?
Joomla has no auto-update option built in.
So are you using some website/service to have your Joomla sites auto-updated?
Sorry. I just mean the joomla update. Not Auto.
Can you explain what exactly is not working?
Do you not get update notifications? Do you get errors when trying to update? Something else?
Here is the message I receive from joomla after hitting "FIND UPDATES" in the EXTENSIONS->MANAGE ->UPDATES area.

Warning
Update: Could not open update site #266 "Regular Labs - Sourcerer", URL: download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=sourcerer&type=.xml
Update: Could not open update site #267 "Regular Labs - Modals", URL: download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=modals&type=.xml
Update: Could not open update site #268 "Regular Labs - Sliders", URL: download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=sliders&type=.xml
Update: Could not open update site #270 "Regular Labs - Cache Cleaner", URL: download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=cachecleaner&type=.xml
Update: Could not open update site #277 "Regular Labs - Add to Menu", URL: download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=addtomenu&type=.xml

All other updates for other developer components/plugins work fine. Just the ones from you folks have this message. 2 different servers ... 200+ joomla sites.
It looks like your host is blocking the connection to my server. Ask them about it.
It is probably down to some server firewall or security module giving false positives.
I own the servers. I have not knowingly blocked you. What ip/ domains should be whitelisted?
ping download.regularlabs.com
Thanks ... I added you to whitelist and all working again.
You can only post on this forum if you log in