Tabs & Accordions: "System" Plugin breaks Page

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Tabs & Accordions: "System" Plugin breaks Page

Mavi N's Avatar Mavi N
Hello everyone

i was very happy when i saw that there is a J4 version for tabs and sliders. I quickly installed this and made adjustments to the CSS.

However, then I noticed that (after some test runs) the system plugin is breaking my site. (side menu disappears, post component is disrupted)

Then the first thing I did was clear the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the extension (without any CSS changes) but the fact remains that as soon as the system plugin is activated these errors reappear.

Please excuse my English, it's not my native language, but I hope you can understand me.

Confidential information:
(hidden)

Checked:
- No CSS override is responsible for the error related to the tabs and sliders
- UIkit 3 Framework related to tabs and sliders does not trigger the error
- Komento is not responsible for the error related to tabs and sliders
- Visforms is not responsible for the error related to tabs and sliders

Missed language string for PLG_SYSTEM_TABSACCORDIONS in ACP last handling protocol

+ BUG FOUNDED +

I found the error (but can't solve it). Before I found my beloved regular plugin for J4, I used tabs and sliders from joomlahack.

Of course, I deactivated this beforehand because of possible conflicts. However, it appears to be that both plugins are now dependent on each other.

As soon as I disable joomlahack's tabs and sliders and leave regular labs's enabled, it tears my site apart
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
This is probably down to a difference in {tab} tag syntax. Where both plugins try to handle the syntax, but differently.

What syntax are you using, and does that comply to the syntax Tabs & Accordions uses?
See: docs4.regularlabs.com/tabsaccordions
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Mavi N's Avatar Mavi N
Hey Peter, thanks for your quick reply.

I understand what you mean, but it can't be right.

When I disable (or uninstall) the Joomlahack plugin, my site crashes when regular labs Tabs & Accordions >system< plugin is enabled.

----

I just left the third-party plugin on (as soon as it was error-free for me) and then uninstalled it. Now regular labs is alone and doesn't cause any more problems.

I have no idea what was going on there. However, one question remains: Can I buy you a ''cup of coffee'' via PayPal?
I would also support you in other ways by subscribing, but unfortunately as a pensioner I can't afford it.

Ticket can be closed, thank you for your work and efforts behind regular labs.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Nope, I have no option for you to buy me a 'cup of coffee'... I don't drink coffee 🙂

Support on bugs is free. For further extension support, you would need to buy a subscription though.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in