Search
Other Better Frontend Link questions
Forum

?lang=* in URL causes error

Jip Jonker's Avatar Jip Jonker
403 - We detected that your latest request may have been part of suspicious activity and has been blocked. If you believe you are getting this message in error please let us know through our site's contact form.

This is probably caused by Admin Tools?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Probably.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Why would you use a URL in this module that is detected as 'suspicious' buy Admin Tools? Or do you think Admin Tools is wrong to block this?
This is something you need to ask Akeeba about. Has nothing to do with Better Frontend Link.
Are you saying ?lang=* is not used in the links of the frontend link module and this is added by Admin Tools somehow?

I think the links do contain ?lang=*. Admin Tools is blocking this. I could ask them about the reasons why this is blocked, but I am pretty sure the have good reasons to block this.

Is adding ?lang=* to the links in the frontend link module necessary?
Better Frontend Link can add that. I am saying it is down to Admin Tools to deal with those.
There should be nothing wrong with urls that contain that.
Ok, I'll ask Admin Tools about their reasons to block this.
This is what they tell me:
"we're aware of this issue and it has already been fixed in the next version. For the moment you can disable the feature Suspicious Core Parameters inside the Configure WAF page."

Have a great day and thanks for listening 😉
You can only post on this forum if you log in