Search
Other Articles Field questions
Forum

Displaying list entry from linked article

Peter L.'s Avatar Peter L.
Hello !
After 2 days of try and error, I need some help on developing my site.

I want to display a category blog (via Yootheme template) where different data comes from linked articles. Sounds easy, but isn't (for me)

There is a category "SHOWS". In articles of "shows" there is a custom article field called location which links to articles of category "LOCATIONS". When I add an article to "SHOWS", I can select one of the locations. So far so good.

Now to the Yootheme templates dynamic content
Within the blog display of shows I want to display a field of the linked locations article. It is a custom field of type list with several entries.
WHatever I do, I can't get the selected value of the list in locations article as dynamic content into the template

I also tried linked articles field and marked the locations field as linked.

Can please anybody help?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
This is probably more of a Yootheme issue and question.

With Articles Field the field should output a list of all the articles you selected in that filed.
If your template is not showing that through the field, then the template is doing something weird.

See if you can get the output you expect when using the Joomla core template instead.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thank You Peter.

using the core template is not why I subscribed to Yootheme Pro.
Quite sure they will refer me to custom field provider, I will post my question in the Yootheme forum.

Will go on with ACF Fields from Tassos. Probably this extension supports my request.

Thank You
Peter
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
I meant, to see if it is working as you expect in the core template. So we can see where the issue lies (Articles Field or tge YT template).
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Understand. Thank You.
I found a solution meanwhile

Unfortunately it lead to another issue (filtering), but I guess I will find that
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription