Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

different url after upgrade J4

M. Stiekema's Avatar M. Stiekema
Hi Peter,

Since we upgraded this website from J3 to J4 we are getting different URLs from the Articles Anywhere?
The url of this page was wereldvandehaai.nl/19-antarctica/108-zeeluipaard , but it now gives a 500 error. If I now go to this article via the website, the URL is: wereldvandehaai.nl/antarctica?view=artic...zeeluipaard&catid=19
Is this purely a setting somewhere in the plugin or is this caused by something else?

Regards,
Michiel
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
This is down to how the url router in Joomla 4/5 works. It needs a menu item of the category to be able to generate correct sef urls for articles.
I recommend you report an issue in the Joomla issue tracker.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
So what you're saying is: for every J3 website with articles anywhere that you upgrade to J4, the URLs to the articles will change because of the new structure of J4. So in this case we need to create more than 400 redirects to redirect people from Google to the right pages?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
I am saying:
For every J3 website that you upgrade to J4, direct links to articles will get different url.
A Joomla issue (or thing). Not an Articles Anywhere issue.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
thanks for your answer Peter.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription