Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Non-SEF URLs when displaying multiple articles

Gillian's Avatar Gillian
I have today installed Articles Anywhere Pro and created a neat blog-style layout for events in three columns. The articles are filtered based on a mandatory custom calendar field - which is the date of the event - and the page only shows events in the future.

Unfortunately, I've noticed that the URL for the individual articles is not search engine friendly, e.g:

.../events-article-with-aa-blog-grid-display?view=article&id=3:event-number-3&catid=8

instead of:

.../events-article-with-aa-blog-grid-display/event-number-three.

The breadcrumb trail does show the article title, though, when on the individual article's page:

..."You are here: Events Article with AA Blog Grid Display / Events / Event number 3"

Normally, to avoid these non-SEF URLs, there would be a category blog with associated articles. But I don't want to use a category blog because I don't want people looking at past events. As I won't be the one adding events, I can't be sure that front-end users adding articles would know how and where to change the unpublish and unfeature dates, hence the use of the custom calendar field.

What can I do?

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
It is probably due to the system plugin ordering. Try changing the ordering of the plugins in question.
See: regularlabs.com/blog/242-plugin-order-is-important
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Gillian's Avatar Gillian
Thanks for the suggestion.

The plugins (System - SEF and System - Regular Labs Cache Cleaner) are now at the bottom of system plugins before the Task plugins, but unfortunately, that didn't work.

Just to clarify: the original article with the AA code in is ok and has an SEF URL; it's the links to the articles created by the code that are non-SEF.
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Gillian's Avatar Gillian
Here you are:

(hidden)

Thanks
Seems like this is down to how Joomla routing works.
There is no menu item for the Events category. So it does not know how to create a SEF url for it.

Once you enable your 'Events' menu item, you can see that the urls do become SEF urls.

This is all outside the control and responsibility of Articles Anywhere.
Gillian's Avatar Gillian
Thank you, Peter.

As I said in a previous post, enabling the 'Events' menu item means that the older items do not get hidden based on the custom field date, which is why I wasn't using the Events menu item in the first place.

(hidden)
The refund has been issued.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription