Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Can I get a searchbox to search inside the Articles Anywhere results?

Nifa's Avatar Nifa
Hi,

Article Anywhere is really great in returning a huge collection of Articles, paginated and displayed in my desired Grid/Column layout format!

Now I am looking for a kind of search box option (on [title]), so visitors can zoom in those returned Article Anywhere results, by using their custom search word(s). After hitting this desired search button, (somewhere beside the pagination tabs) they should only keep the matching results of that in the same Grid/Columb layout format.

Is this possible?

With kind regards,
Nico
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
There is no built-in search box functionality in Articles Anywhere.
You could create your own form and pass the search string to the {articles} tag. But that will only do the search in the given data type (title / introtext / fulltext / ...) and not on all possible things you want to search in.

So not a ready-to-use solution.

See here for more on passing url/form data:
docs4.regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere/data-tags/input-values
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Steve Babbitt's Avatar Steve Babbitt
You might try Easy Layouts - I've been able to use it with Articles Anywhere to filter content:

www.heartwormsociety.org/resources
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
There is no search component integrated into Articles Anywhere.
You can use a search component that indexes the pages/content, so that the output of the plugins (like Articles Anywhere) is indexed.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription