Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Error 500

Websquirrel's Avatar Websquirrel
The moment when I updated articles, I got an error 500 on almost all my sides. I deactivated the complete extension - that helped: the error 500 was no longer existing. Then I toturned each regular lab package on and off to see which is responsible for that error. It seems like the latest version of Regular Labs Library Plugin is the problem. The moment, when it is turned on, I have error 500, the moment it is turned off, the error is gone. But all my articles have troubles without that library. So my question is: can you repair the error or can you give me the older library back so that I can run my websites again like before?

I run my websites on Joomla 4.4.0

Best regards.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Can you enable debug mode and error reporting to see what exactly is breaking the site?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Yes. Here is what it says:

Fatal error: Declaration of RegularLabs\Plugin\System\ArticlesAnywhere\Helpers\DB::get($database_name = '') must be compatible with RegularLabs\Library\DB::get(): Joomla\Database\DatabaseDriver in /var/www/vhosts/dielehrederapostel.info/httpdocs/dlda/plugins/system/articlesanywhere/src/Helpers/DB.php on line 36

FatalError
HTTP 500 Whoops, looks like something went wrong.
Compile Error: Declaration of RegularLabs\Plugin\System\ArticlesAnywhere\Helpers\DB::get($database_name = '') must be compatible with RegularLabs\Library\DB::get(): Joomla\Database\DatabaseDriver

Symfony\Component\ErrorHandler\Error\
FatalError
in /var/www/vhosts/dielehrederapostel.info/httpdocs/dlda/plugins/system/articlesanywhere/src/Helpers/DB.php (line 36)
/** * @param string $database_name * * @return Database */ public static function get($database_name = '') { $cache = new RL_Cache([__METHOD__, $database_name]); if ($cache->exists()) {
Please make sure you (re)install the latest version of Articles Anywhere.
Yes, that worked. Thank you. But why didn't the normal update function work? Is it always necessary to reinstall manually instead of using the update function?
Probably something went haywire during the update, causing it to not update fully/correctly.
Stephan Herby's Avatar Stephan Herby
Hi Peter, same issue here on strategic.nc/fr/actualites
Re-install the component Article Anywhere has solved this.
Just for your information...

Joomla 4.4.0
PHP 8.1.26
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription