Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Fatal error

Marc's Avatar Marc
On J5, after upgrading today to the latest Articles Anywhere, I get the following error on some pages of the website:
Fatal error: Declaration of RegularLabs\Plugin\System\ArticlesAnywhere\Helpers\DB::get($database_name = '') must be compatible with RegularLabs\Library\DB::get(): Joomla\Database\DatabaseDriver in /home/hkpghmjz/public_html/plugins/system/articlesanywhere/src/Helpers/DB.php on line 36
FatalError
HTTP 500 Whoops, looks like something went wrong.
Compile Error: Declaration of RegularLabs\Plugin\System\ArticlesAnywhere\Helpers\DB::get($database_name = '') must be compatible with RegularLabs\Library\DB::get(): Joomla\Database\DatabaseDriver

in /home/hkpghmjz/public_html/plugins/system/articlesanywhere/src/Helpers/DB.php (line 36)
    /**     * @param string $database_name     *     * @return Database     */    public static function get($database_name = '')    {        $cache = new RL_Cache([__METHOD__, $database_name]);        if ($cache->exists())        {
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
The DB class in the latest Articles Anywhere version should no longer be extending from the RegularLabs\Library\DB.
So it looks like not all files have been overwritten.

Try installing again.

Otherwise, delete the folder /plugins/system/articlesanywhere/ and re-install.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Marc's Avatar Marc
Txs,

You were speaking about reinstalling so I double-checked:
* no update for Articles Anywhere was announced in the Joomla Update Manager (even when "refreshing")
* but in the Regular Labs Extensions Manager it was saying "installed=15.0.5 PRO" and "latest=15.1.0 PRO"

So I updated from there... and it solved the issue.
(note: since I use an external tool to see and launch all Updates, I could not see that some update was pending)
Marc's Avatar Marc
hoho, right now somebody else for another site reports the same problem (on a J4.4.0 here so it was not J5-related).
There again, nothing mentioned in the Joomla Update Manager.. but actually : "installed=14.0.0 PRO" and "latest=15.1.0 PRO"
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Probably something not right with the update sites on your site... Try rebuilding...
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Marc's Avatar Marc
on those 2 sites, I checked Update Sites after upgrading... and those seemed fine.
But of course installing the latest version did probably solve the Update Sites.
So maybe there was an issue with some version of the past... which only appears now for me bc of the crash.

Whatever, issue solved. If I discover something interesting (if still other sites have the same issue) I'll keep you informed: now I will first check the Update Sites before Upgrading 🙂
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription