Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

ArticlesAnywhere: Empty Output

dee's Avatar dee
Dear Peter,

after finishing off the new website we are working on, we installed it on a new folder in order to connect it to the live domain. But suddenly the {articles snippet outputs an empty <p></p>. We also rearranged plugin order as explained here: regularlabs.com/blog/242-plugin-order-is-important but no luck. Nothing has been changed, on the staging site all is working. We did had to remove all other languages though, so from "multilanguage" on the staging environment, now it is "single language" on the new live folder. We did delete the custom module with the {articles snippet, recreated it, checked if there is a language still assigned (= NO), did disable all language plugin, all is working, except ArticlesAnywhere... Maybe there is some weird language caching issue in the DB??? I cannot figure out what is happening, please help.

Thank you in advance.
D.
dee's Avatar dee
FYI: just reinstalled ArticlesAnywhere (= same problem), enabled debugging (no errors) rechecked all settings... custom module with snippet AND article with ArticlesAnywhere Button giving always only an empty "<p></p>"...
dee's Avatar dee
FYI2: to me this looks like a caching bug - i just checked all backend settings of AA, and tried "Ignores" > "Articles" > "Ignore Language Assignment" to YES, now all works! This setting was untouched, even inside the multilanguage test installation. So there must be some place in DB where the old language setup still persists and is taken into consideration from AA - even thought all module/article/menu items have been changed to language=all... Or is there still some setting/change in the backend I missed out?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Did you delete the cache?

If you can't get it to work, can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
dee's Avatar dee
Yes I did. As I wrote, it is working now, but only after setting "Ignores" > "Articles" > "Ignore Language Assignment" to YES, even though there is not one language assignment in the whole system (all language plugins are disabled, and all articles/menus/modules/categories were set to language=ALL...
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
If you want me to look into this (why it isn't working when that option is set to No), let me know...
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription