Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

RSS feed from multiple categories with Articles Anywhere

Silke Menne's Avatar Silke Menne
Hello 🙂

I (still) use Joomla 3.10.11 and the latest "Articles Anywhere" version 13.1.3.

I want to provide an overview of the latest articles from different categories, in a kind of article blog style. This works fine with "Articles Anywhere" 😁

Is there a way to make this overview work as an rss feed? When I call the url of that overview using .feed?type=rss instead of .html, the single articles don't have data like <title>, <link>, <description>, <pubDate>. Only the overview article has it.

Maybe I didn't use the right syntax or my approach isn't right. I already tried the joomla core "tags component" instead, which worked fine, but I wouldn't want to tag so many articles on a regular basis.

Kind regards 🙂

Silke

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You can't do that with Articles Anywhere.

The RSS feed is generated by the special view of the component (content blog / article), which sets the necessary data for the RSS feed.

Articles Anywhere is executed inside the article content (intro/fulltext) itself and does not set any extra RSS data.

If you need a custom RSS feed based on your specific filters, you would need to create a custom view in the content model. Or a custom component.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Silke Menne's Avatar Silke Menne
Hi Peter,

thanks for your answer. It helped me to understand, how the extension works. I will try and find another solution 🙂

Kind regards and keep up good work 🙂

Silke
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription