Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Joomla 4 database feature connecting to a Joomla 3 site?

Liam Hanks's Avatar Liam Hanks
Is it possible to use the new database feature in AA in Joomla 4 to connect to articles on a Joomla 3 website (or is this supposed to be able to work)? I gave it a quick try, but got an error 500 on the Joomla 4 site where the AA tag was placed, so I'm just curious.

Thanks!
Andrea Malalana's Avatar Andrea Malalana ADMIN
Yes, it's technically supposed to work 😁

Can you share the AA tag you're using?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
connect to articles on a Joomla 3 website
That is exactly what I am using it for myself.
The documentation site for the Joomla 4 versions of the Regular Labs extensions, runs on Joomla 4. And for a large part it is pulling in the article texts from the Joomla 3 documentation site.

So yes, this should definitely work.

Can you switch the Error Reporting in the Joomla configuration to 'Development', and see what error is breaking the page?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Liam Hanks's Avatar Liam Hanks
Hi Andrea and Peter,
thanks for the responses. I've set this all up again and tried it, and so far it appears to be working correctly, so I'm not sure what I had done previously that caused the error. I'm going to be setting up some more advanced AA tags using the database feature over the next few days, so if I discover the problem again, I'll re-post here.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription